Have you heard? The brand new Great Wolf Lodge opened its doors this past weekend!!! The indoor water park resort giant will kick off the grand opening celebration of their 14th location in Garden Grove, CA this weekend. And, the munchkins will be there reporting LIVE to give you all of the details! Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter for videos, photos, behind the scenes & more!!
Right now you can check out the awesome pics & descriptions supplied to me by Great Wolf Lodge to get an idea of what this amazing family resort has to offer!
An Inside Look at the NEW Great Wolf Lodge
*Updated 3/15/16- This post has been updated after the munchkins visited the AMAZING resort for ourselves!!
About the Resort
Great Wolf Lodge is North America’s premiere indoor water park resort. The amazing facility boasts a 105,000 square foot water park that they keep at a balmy 84 degrees year round. But, that is only scratching the surface besides the toddler splash pools, mini slides, wave pool and six story Howlin Tornado water-slide included for resort guests there are also themed rooms, an interactive live action game called MagiQuest, Howl at the Moon (mini golf), Ten Paw Alley (bowling), Northern Lights Arcade, Howly Wood XD Theater, Scoops Kid Spa, nightly Story Time by the fire with characters, 7 onsite restaurants & more!!!
What’s included in your stay?
- Water Park Passes (exclusive to resort guests)
- Kids Activities (games and fun for all)
- Story Time (with character appearances)
- Forest Friends (lobby show)
- Unlimited Wi-Fi (resort wide)
- Fitness Center (open 24/7)
There are plenty of options when it comes to choosing a room that will work best for your family. Great Wolf offers:
- Traditional Rooms like their Family Suites (sleeps up to 6) and Double Queen or King Suites (sleeps up to 4).
- Themed Suites including my favorite- the KidCabin Suite (sleeps up to 7) and includes a queen bed, full sofa sleeper and a Great Wolf Kids-themed KidCabin complete with bunk beds and a twin bed.
- Multi-Room Suites similar to the room shown above with separate living room and bedroom space (sleeps up to 8 guests) and multiple bathrooms. Perfect for larger parties or sharing with friends!
*Our kids LOVED our KidCabin Suite. The room was spacious enough to sleep all 7 of us which doesn’t happen often. The kids had their own wooden cabin within our room. It was wallpapered inside with the adorable Great Wolf characters plus had animated animals that came to life when the kids interacted with them using their MagiQuest wands (also works with the stuffed animals you make at the Creation Station too).
Clearly the water park is a HUGE selling point. I mean the fact that you can enjoy perfect weather year round + stay away from the dangers of the sun and never even leave the resort… pretty AMAZING!!!
The water park includes:
- Fort Mackenzie- a multi-level splash park with suspension bridges, slides and spray stations. It also holds the park’s signature tipping bucket dumping hundreds of gallons of water every 4 minutes!
- Mountain Edge Raceway- Four-story water slide where you can race your buddies down the hills.
- Slap Tail Pond- a massive wave pool with waves reaching up to 3 feet.
- Wolf Rider Wipeout- double indoor surf simulator with waves reaching 5 feet.
- Chinook Cove- a water playground for all ages featuring floating obstacles and basketball.
- Wolf Tail- vertical thrill ride that plunges you through a trapdoor and into an enclosed tunnel.
- Crooked Creek– a lazy river.
- Howlin Tornado- a six-story family funnel slide (pictured above in red and yellow).
- River Canyon Run- 476 foot long family raft ride.
- Alberta Falls- two four-story enclosed tube slides.
- Coyote Canyon- spiral flume slide with a 40′ drop.
*I was totally impressed with the water park area. It is large enough for a full day (but small enough that you can easily keep track of your kids), there are plenty of slides for all thrill levels, temperature is perfect and not having to sunscreen your kids is so nice!!
*I also LOVED that the water park is ONLY OPEN TO RESORT GUESTS!!!
*Puddle Jumper Life Vests are provided for free too!
Project Green Wolf
I think it is important to note that Great Wolf Lodge cares about green initiatives, water and energy conservation. The company started its Green Wolf Initiative back in 2007 and became the first national hotel chain to have all properties achieve Green Seal Certification- silver. Impressive right?
In fact their massive water park runs on just 565,000 gallons of water. That is less than one Olympic sized swimming pool thanks to their water re-circulation process as detailed above.
As if the water park wasn’t enough Great Wolf Lodge jam packed the resort with even more family fun activities. So, whether you are in the mood for a motion thrill ride that transports you directly into the movie at Howly Wood XD Theater or you and you’re little princess feel like some pampering at Scoops Kid Spa one thing is for sure… you will never run out of things to do!
*all photos courtesy of Great Wolf Lodge
As I mentioned the resort has 7 onsite dining options to keep everyone in the family well fed. They range from signature dining at Lodge Wood Fired Grill, to buffet style family meals at Loose Moose Family Kitchen, down to grab n go pizza, sandwiches and pasta at Hungry as a Wolf (pictures above) and even a Dunkin’ Donuts for an all day stop for coffee and baked goods.
*I recommend the Gazpacho & Agave Pineapple Ginger Margarita at Grizzly Jacks and dinner at the Lodge Wood Fired Grill if you are looking for healthier, organic and locally sourced options!!
Plus, two casual fare options including a bar & grill located inside the water-park and a dessert shop whipping up lodge-made fudge, ice cream, baked pastries and treats!! **Don’t miss out on the Tipping Bucket Sundae available at Buckets inside the water park… a big hit with the munchkins!!!
*I have also heard that they are excellent at helping those with allergies and sensitivities enjoy their meals as well.
- Shopping- 3 fantastic stores
- Great Wolf Lodge also has room to host large events, conferences and meetings.
- Seasonal Events-
*You know it was a good trip when you see this in your rear view mirror on the way home!
Book your Trip NOW & Save!!!
Great Wolf has a special offer when you book by April 4, 2016. You can save up to 30% using the code “WELCOME”. This is valid for stays 4/10/16- 5/26/16.
Pin for Later-