I love the holidays, it is my absolute favorite time of year. So, I try to squeeze in as many festivities as I can. Here is a list of local events near Temecula that you can enjoy with your kids. Read on to discover the BEST holiday events in Temecula for 2016.
The Ultimate Guide to Holidays in Temecula
Photos with Santa- through Dec. 24th
Daily Menorah Lighting- 4pm
Magic Snow- Dec. 16, 17 & 23rd, 7 & 8pm
Kringle Karaoke- Dec. 17th, 5-7pm
Holiday Movie Matinees- Dec. 21-23rd, 10am, 1pm, & 3pm Reserve Your Tickets Here
Old Town Temecula Events-
Follow our Temecula Adventures + More on Instagram
Temecula On Ice- Town Square Park Dec 10-Jan 2 (Sun-Thu 10am-9:30pm; Fri-Sat 10am-11pm). Check their facebook page for details and updates- www.facebook.com/temeculaonice
Holiday Magic on Main Street- every Fri, Sat & Sun prior to Christmas Day at 6pm
Holiday Taste of Old Town- Dec. 14th, 4-9pm
‘Twas the Lights Before Christmas Bike Tour- Dec. 15th
Polar Express at Pennypickle’s Workshop
The Nutcracker Ballet- Old Town Temecula Theater- Dec. 16, 17, 18, 20 & 21st at 7:30pm. Dec. 17, 18 & 23rd at 3pm.
Temecula Chilled- taste the holidays through special menu items created by local chefs at select participating Temecula restaurants. For more information click here.
photos below of a few of the specialty items for Chilled
E.A.T. Marketplace’s New Year’s Eve Dinner- check website
New Year’s Eve Grape Drop- Temecula Civic Center Dec. 31st, 9pm & midnight
E.A.T. Marketplace’s New Year’s Brunch- check website
Read my list of the 10 BEST Restaurants to Cater From in Temecula here.
Handmade Gingerbread Houses- Over 400 gingerbread houses on display until sold!
Brian Setzer Orchestra- Christmas Rocks Tour Dec. 16th, 8pm
Donny & Marie- Dec. 18th, 7pm
Christmas Menus and Catering- 7 chefs have created special menus just for you at Pechanga, varying from elegant to casual. Or spare your own kitchen and take home a Christmas meal. More info here.
Wine Country Events-
- Jingle Bell Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides- Wine Country Dec. 1-31, 5-9pm
- Christmas Carolers- South Coast Winery Resort & Spa Nov. 27-Dec. 24th, 6-9pm
- Temecula Chilled Holiday Shopping Night (participating wineries) Dec. 15th, 5-7pm
- participating wineries include: Bel Vino, Callaway, Danza del Sol, Foot Path, Monte De Oro, Mount Palomar, Ponte, South Coast and Wilson Creek.
- Santa Comes to Callaway and Barrel Tree Lighting Celebration- December 15th, 4pm to 8pm. Free to the public. Enjoy hot cocoa for all and cookie decorating for the children. Santa will be arriving at 4pm with a mailbox so children may write letters to Santa. Callaway’s annual barrel tree lighting will begin at sundown. Spend the evening shopping and sipping wine with a 30% discount on wine and merchandise (excludes OPR and Library Wines).
- Holidays at the Ranch- Gallway Downs Dec. 16th, 4-10pm
- Elegant Christmas Dinner- Vineyard Rose Restaurant at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa Dec. 24 & 25th, 5:30-9pm
- Roaring 20’s New Year’s Eve Extravaganza- Vineyard Rose Restaurant at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa Dec. 31st
- New Year’s Eve Party- Wien’s Family Cellars Dec. 31st, 8pm- midnight
- New Year’s Eve Dinner at Meritage December 31st, 5pm to 8pm. $75 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Celebrate the New Year with a fabulous four-course meal and live music at Meritage. Chef Diamond has meticulously created a special farm-to-table, New Year’s Eve menu for your dining pleasure. For reservations call 951.587.8889
Christmas Lights to Check Out:
Bainbridge Circle Holiday Extravaganza- 5:30-10pm every night through Christmas Day. Tune into station 88.5 to listen to the music in your car (the lights are synchronized). You can also check them out on Facebook here.
The 2016 Temecula ‘Twas the Lights Before Christmas Participants Map- (print here)
Holiday Bus & Bike Tour of the “Twas the Lights Map Houses offered through Temecula Community Services- details here (advanced reservations required)
Mission Inn’s Festival of Lights- Mission Inn now through Jan. 7th, Sun.- Thurs. 5-10pm, Fri.-Sat. 5-11pm. Entrance is FREE. Additional activities include: horse-drawn carriages, train rides, food stands & more (fees apply).
Palm Desert Zoo- enjoy their NEW Whoville area where you can have a snowball fight and view over 1 million lights. Select dates through Dec. 24th
Murrieta Santa Stop Zones Map- located here
Do you have any Temecula Valley Holiday Events to add?
Leave them in the comments and I will update my list!
- 25 Amazing Spring Break Ideas for Families You’ll Love! - November 24, 2023
- 35 Amazing Things To Do in Anaheim Beyond Disneyland - November 22, 2023
- 41 Awesome Matching Disney Family Shirts [+ Weird Ones!] - November 18, 2023