Boo! The scariest thing of all is how close we are to the fall season already! We might not be quite ready to say goodbye to summer, but how can we not get a little bit excited when we think about a Disneyland Halloween? To ease you into transitioning to Fall, we’ve brought together all there is to know about the very best party of the Halloween season. You guessed it, here’s the Ultimate Guide to Disneyland Halloween 2018. We’ll be announcing the spooks, the snacks, and all there is to do at the not so scary Disney celebration. The parks undergo their Autumn transformation from September 7 to October 31st this year, giving you almost two months to experience the magic.
Disneyland Halloween 2018! An Ultimate Guide + Must-See Attractions
California Adventure Halloween:
As you know Disneyland Resort has two amazing parks and for the Halloween festivities, both parks are in full Halloween mode. In fact, many of my favorite Halloween activities are at California Adventure. Inside California Adventure there are two areas that scream Halloween (pun intended).
Cars Land –
Over in Cars land, the entire land is transformed into a “Haul-o-ween” Extravaganza. Everything is completely transformed from the tires on the road to the stores, it is definitely worth seeing. Here are some of the amazing ghoulish fun you can have in Cars Land
- Take pictures with Mater and Lightning Mcqueen as they are dressed up in their best Halloween outfits.
- Ride Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween – guest will spin around on the roadsters that dance to some fun Halloween Music
- Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree – While tractor-trailer dance partners swirl Guests around the graveyard, Mater becomes the life of the party by crooning creepy country tunes with a Haul-O-Ween twist—including “Welcome to Radiator Screams,”
Pro Tip * Definitely take time to enjoy all the decorations at Cars Land and allow time for picture taking as it is one of the best decorated areas in the park. I absolutely love it.
Main Entrance & Hollywood Land –
When you enter California Adventure there are two great places to take a picture. The first is the entrance as Oogie Boogie lurks over the California Adventure sign. The second is with the Headless Horsemen Statue. Then veer left and head over to Hollywood Land for some great entertainment including:
Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark – One of my kids favorite rides in the park is the newly transformed Guardians of the Galaxy Ride at California Adventure (formerly Tower of Terror) – During Haloweentime, the ride is transformed once again to Guardians of the Galaxy Monsters after Dark, where the mission changes and this time you have to rescue Groot.
Meet Vampirina in Hollywood Land
If your little one is as obsesses as my 4 year old is with Vampirina then this is the spot for you. Take a bite out of Transylvania life—meet the girly, ghoulish, fang-tastic friend in a very cute area that your kids will love.
California Adventure Delicious Treats
A Disneyland Halloween is not complete without some amazingly ghoulish treats. California Adventure does not disappoint. Check out some of these delicious items, plus since California Adventure serves alcohol you can grab some pumpkin spiced beverages.
- Mickey Bread with Fangs
- Pumpkin Spice Funnel Cake Fries
- Spokey Cone Macaron
- Green Apple Spell Lemonade
- Bacon Cheddar Ale Soup
- Anti Vampire Pizza
- Spicy Pepper Jack Dog
- Karl Strauss Oktoberfest Beer
- Pumpkin Hard Cider
Disneyland Halloween Time
Disneyland Halloween Time is something everyone should do once. The entire park will be decorated with what they have claimed to be even more decorations than the previous years! Which is not a surprise as every year we go there seems to be more and more decorations. Of course, the iconic giant pumpkin on Main St will still be there as the best photo opp of the season!
**Pro Tip – The lines to take a picture in front of the Mickey Pumpkin can get long. So, if you see a short line jump at the opportunity, (or you can take the picture at an angle like this one)
Must See Disneyland Halloween Attractions
On top of the park decorations, two rides are also totally transformed.
- Space Mountain takes on a spooky twist by whisking you off to the Ghost Galaxy. There’s projection effects and a whole new soundtrack. You might want to keep your little ones off this attraction during the Halloween season if they’re easily scared because it is pretty dark. Space Mountain typically has a long line, and it can be even longer in this season so make sure to get to the park early to get your Fastpass or book with the new Disney MaxPass.
- Haunted Mansion is also famously transformed for the entire holiday season. It features characters from “The Nightmare Before Christmas” and collides Halloween and Christmas together. You also might want to grab a Fastpass for this attraction as the holiday version can up the wait quite a bit!
- Characters Dressed in their Halloween Best – One of my kids’ favorite things to do was to see what costumes the Disney characters would be wearing.
Both of these rides are must-see, but ghost galaxy can be somewhat frightening for little ones (plus there is a 40″ height requirement) On the opposite spectrum, Haunted Mansion is actually a lot less scary than the original and all my kids have always loved this ride.
Disneyland Halloween Treats & Souvenirs
You can find just about anything orange, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice flavored on the lists below. We’ve included some of the yummiest treats and snacks that Disney has announced they will be selling this Halloween season. The only downside is trying to choose just one! Plus, if that is not enough fun there are quite a plethora of super cute souvenirs to enjoy as you visit the Theme Park’s stores
Here is a list of some of the delicious treats
- Candy Corn Churros
- Pumpkin Spice Churros
- Maleficent Churro
- Abuelita Horchata
- Spider Bundt Cake
- Mickey Pumpkin Spice Beignets
- Graveyard Cupcakes
- Halloween Hot Dog
Mickey’s Halloween Party – Additional Fee
Mickey’s Halloween Party is a completely separate admission, but it is so worth it if you’re looking for a fun way to celebrate Halloween with your little ones. The party begins at 6 or 7 pm as Disneyland shuts down opens only to guests with the special Halloween Party wristbands.
Here are some of the perks of Mickey’s Halloween Party
- Halloween Screams Fireworks show – One of the coolest parts of the Halloween Party is the special firework show, Halloween-Screams.
- Trick or Treat Trails – Your kids can travel throughout the park and trick or treat for some yummy candy.
- Pictures with Villians and Spooky Creatures – If you’ve got a fan of villains and spooky creatures, because sometimes kids are just that way, they’ll love that these characters will be roaming through the park all night long.
- Frightfully Fun Parade with the Headless Horsemen – All your favorite charactes wirll be a part of this Disneyland Halloween Parade with hauntingly good music and a ride by the Headless Horsemen
- Small Wait Time for Rides – My favorite part of the night is since everyone is trick or treating and Disneyland limits the number of people who can attend, the lines for all your favorite rides are super short. Now that is a serious win!
- Check out the dates for Mickey’s Halloween Party 2018 here, this event sells out fast every year so purchase tickets early on.
Happy Haunts Tour
During Halloween time, you can book a special tour to get the full experience of the parks spookier side. It is a 2 hour walking tour that includes historical lessons about the park. You’ll also get to ride multiple attractions and likely go on some sort of Halloween themed journey. You can find more information here. Book this cool experience for just $85!
If you need help planning and booking your magical Disneyland vacation, contact our friends at Tink’s Magical Vacations. They are truly Disney Experts, and not only are their services FREE, but they will save you both time and money.
Have you been to Disneyland Halloween Time? What is your favorite thing to do?
You Might Also Enjoy:
Pin for Later – Disneyland Halloween 2018! An Ultimate Guide + Must-See Attractions