Disneyland attractions like It’s a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, and The Matterhorn are a big part of keeping the magic alive in the park (#nostalgia) but that doesn’t mean we can’t love all the new things going on too! It’s always so exciting to see what the creative minds working behind the scenes at Disney come up with. Below are a few of the BEST New Disneyland Attractions in 2019 & 2020
California Adventure New Rides
IncrediCoaster – Opened June 2018
The Incredicoaster is a revamped version of California Screamin’ one of California Adventures most exhilarating rides. The ride takes you on an adventure as you just launched Jack Jack and now need to go catch him. The track itself has not changed, but the themeing and the music definitely gives the ride a completely new feel. Check out this video from Disney Parks Blog while on the Incredicoaster.
- The first ever Pixar Fest arrived on April 13th. Disneyland’s firework show will be all about Pixar this year taking you on a thrilling journey with two unlikely characters. You don’t even have to be on Main Street to take part as there will be projections on the River of America and It’s a Small World. Part of this fest will also include a Pixar Play Parade and Pixar short film festival. The Paint the Night Parade, which has many of our Pixar favorites in it, will be returning April 13th as well.
Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind [to Open in 2019]
Coming in 2019 is a brand new ride to explore your emotions. The Inside Out Whirlwind is a colorful whimsical spin through all your emotions and will be sure to be a family favorite. I like the location of this ride as it is close to Incredicoaster so if your little one can’t go on Incredicoaster and the big kids can, you have a ride to take them on.
- Located on the western end of the pier, the lush and colorful Inside Out Headquarters will be the future home of Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind! Making its Pixar Pier debut in 2019, this whimsical family-friendly attraction inspired by “Inside Out” will be—not surprisingly—full of emotions. Check out the first look above!
Jessie’s Critter Carousel – Now Open!
- Also joining the new Pixar Pier will be Jessie’s Critter Carousel. Inspired by the critter’s in Woody’s Roundup is the fun new carousel ride.
California Adventure Attractions coming in 2020
Marvel Land will be arriving in 2020. The former spot previously occupied by Bugs Land will be transformed into a universe dominated by the likes of your favorite Marvel superheroes.
Spider-Man Interactive Screen Ride
In the old It’s Tough To Be A Bug theater building will be a new Spider-Man ride. This attraction will be another 3-d (possibly 4-d) attraction as guests will shoot web slingers throughout the ride. Think Toy Story Midway Mania, but Spiderman version.source: Disney Parks Blog
Disneyland New Rides
So what’s all going on with Star Wars?
If you ask me the anticipation has seemed to be at an all new high for this new land which is supposed to open in 2019, but thankfully there’s actually already a lot of things in and around the park that can give you a glimpse into this new experience. This is one of the biggest add-ons to the park that Disneyland has done in years and I have no doubt it’s going to be jaw-dropping. Downtown Disney has already opened their insaneStar Wars Hyper- Reality experience which you can buy tickets for here. It’s separate admission from the park, but it’s a chance to experience some of the most cutting-edge technology being developed.
If you have a Star Wars lover over 10 years old, this is the best chance they’ll get to feel like they’re really stepping into a far far away galaxy and live in the shoes of a Storm Trooper.
- As for what’s to come in 2019, the new Star Wars land will be the biggest single themed area of the park to date. They say it’s going to be even more immersive than Universal’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which might mean that even cast members will play the part of characters from far far away.
New “Battle Escape” Ride –
One of the biggest attractions will be the new “Battle Escape” attraction. So far only rumors have been swirling about this ride but it looks like you will be transported into an epic battle with stormtroopers. We will release more details as they become available.
Building Batuu –
Building Batuu is the home of the Black Spire Outpost and the place where you will enter the new Star Wars land. There you will find the galaxy’s most colorful and notorious characters.It will also serve as some of the galaxy’s best dining.
If you need help planning and booking your magical Disneyland vacation, contact our friends at Tink’s Magical Vacations. They are truly Disney Experts, and not only are their services FREE, but they will save you both time and money.
- For the first time in 20 years, it looks like Disneyland is adding a new hotel! update (Hotel plan is Cancelled)Construction isn’t even meant to break ground until this year, so it’s still something to look forward to learning more about. Part of why I love Disney so much is the incredible hotel experiences we have had. Sometimes it’s just nice to take a break from the chaos of the park and lay out by the pool or take a big family nap. Rumor has it this hotel will have 700 rooms, lots of dining options, a rooftop terrace, 2 pools and a splash area. There’s also going to be a monorail stop right at the hotel. The more information they release, the more it seems to me like this hotel will mirror the Disney World Orlando experience.
What are the Disneyland Attractions that YOU are Most Excited About?
You Might also Enjoy!