*This post is in partnership with baggallini. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
It is always a little bittersweet when the kids head back to school after summer. Part of my mama-heart is sad that they are already another year older and that we get to see each other less, but on the other hand, it allows for a bit more free time. This year, one of my friends and I decided with the kids back in school, we had no excuse not to head on a much-needed girls getaway! I mean, you can’t say no to a weekend in Temecula at Southern California’s finest vineyards. Getting out the door is another story. Packing up for quick getaways is always tough for me, but luckily this time around I had my favorite baggallini bags.
How to Plan & Pack for a Girls Trip with My FAVORITE baggallini Bags
My Top Packing Tips for a Girls Trip
- Bring a bag YOU like to carry. While I can usually pawn off my bags on my husband, on a girl’s trip it’s all on you.
- You probably don’t need as much as you think. When my friends and I take a trip together we always have big plans, and then just end up lounging around and talking all weekend long.
- Always create a packing list. As you are putting things into your baggallini carry-on, check them off.
- Your camera might be the most important thing you pack. I mean memories with your friends are priceless! I love being able to look back on trips like this weekend spent at the wineries.
- It’s all about relaxation. You can sweat the small stuff at home, but girls getaways are for kicking back!
All the Reasons Why I Love My baggallini Bags
Here & There Laptop Backpack
- I honestly never saw myself loving a backpack as much as I love the Here & There Laptop Backpack. The #1 feature is how comfortable it is to wear.
- My next favorite feature is that I can fit my camera and my laptop into the backpack with ease. This means they are easy to tote around with me. Plus, I feel comfortable that they have a dedicated spot while I travel.
baggallini Getaway Travel System 2-Wheel Underseat Carry-On
- First of all, I love a rolling bag. It just simplifies things and keeps you from arriving with a sore shoulder. The wheels on this carry-on are super smooth, so you won’t get slowed down.
- It can be really difficult to find a carry-on that works for you, but I can confidently say this travel system really has everything you need from a packing cube to a padded laptop sleeve and a packable tote. It will be going on ALL my upcoming trips with me.
- So many pockets! You will find there is a pocket in every spot where you might need one. This helps big time when it comes to organization.
Temecula Wineries & Restaurants to Visit on Your Girl’s Trip
Peltzer Farm & Winery
It’s not a girl’s weekend if you don’t come back with a camera roll full of snapshots. Peltzer is definitely the most Instagram worthy winery in Temecula; from the Silos to the old farm trucks and the drinks served in mason jars garnished with fresh fruit. Plus, there’s usually a delicious line-up of food trucks to help fill your belly!
If you are looking for a little luxury on your girl’s weekend in Temecula, you have to check out Europa Village. The setting is dreamy with Spanish-style architecture that will transport you far, far away. This winery is located right at the beginning of Wine Country making it a wonderful way to kick off your girl’s trip.
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa
I love the classic feel of South Coast Winery Resort & Spa. It is elegant and the wine is wonderful. It is a beautiful place to just walk around and you can definitely get some candid shots in the vineyards. Also, if you are looking for a little extra relaxation their Grapeseed Spa is wonderful. They offer different types of massages and facials. Not to mention, their breakfast at South Coast is one of my favorites in the whole town. Do not miss out on the Banana Pancakes!
On this particular weekend, we decided to head to the beautiful Ponte Family Estate Winery. I love the Spanish Mission Styled entry building and the barn-style winery. My friends & I definitely love a glass of wine, but we are all far from being experts, which is why we love the Ponte staff’s friendly laid back attitude. They simply want you to love the wine you are drinking, and it is all about finding something you like.
Ponte is also one of the best wineries to actually stay the night at. Their rooms are absolutely beautiful with breathtaking views of the vineyards. Plus, when you have had enough wine, their pool and hot tub are the perfect places to kick back and chat with your girlfriends.
Mama Rosa’s Trattoria
You will find Mama Rosa’s Trattoria in the Renzoni Winery. They serve up to die for pizzas and cheese boards and you can, of course, also grab a glass of wine. There is plenty of outdoor seating which allows you and your girls to enjoy the Temecula sunshine and often times you will find live music being played.
The Goat & Vine
Although this spot will take you out of wine country and into Old Town Temecula, you can’t miss it. It is one of my all-time favorite restaurants and a great spot for a nice girl’s dinner. It is small and intimate, so be sure to set reservations if you’ve got a larger group.
Now that you know you can pack easy with Baggallini bags and have a list of all the best spots in Temecula for a girl’s weekend, you are all set! Every mama deserves a break and some time to catch up with friends. I know that planning a trip can seem like way too much pressure, but it really doesn’t have to be that hard!
When is the last time you went on a girl’s trip?
Before you head out on your next trip check out the baggallini Getaway Travel System here. It will make packing and staying organized a breeze!