This post is sponsored by Omaha Steaks, but as always, all opinions are my own!
I understand that hot dogs are a summer classic, but I am not exactly their biggest fan. If you upgrade to beer brats, though, I am all in! After getting that off my chest, I present to you one of our new favorite summer meals; Kickin’ Hot Bratwurst Skewers.
They are super easy to make with limited prep time and then a quick grill on the BBQ. Because who wants to be in the kitchen on a perfect summer night? Omaha Steaks Bratwurst grill up perfectly and pair great with the kick of hot mustard. I squeezed delicious summer veggies in there for you, too, of course. These make for a great quick family dinner or to make when you’ve got guests over. I especially love that you can prep them beforehand and stick them in the refrigerator. That means as soon as you are ready to get cooking, all you have to do is toss them on the grill.
Summer Deals From Omaha Steaks
Be sure to check out all the specials Omaha Steaks has going on here! They have 4th of July Specials, like the Star Spangled Feast. It comes with a roast, burgers, franks, sausages, baked potatoes, and more! Check out our favorite way to whip up Omaha Burgers here.
There is also the Summer Greatest Grilling pack, which is a steal. We love this pack because it comes with the Top Sirloins and Tenderloin Tips, which are favorites of ours.
Kickin’ Hot Bratwurst Skewers
For the Skewers:
- 10 Gourmet Bratwurst from Omaha Steaks
- ½ lb of Mini Peppers
- 2 Zucchini
- 2 Large Onions
For the Hot Mustard Glaze:
- ¼ Cup of Butter
- ¼ Cup of Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons of Hot Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- Cut all zucchini and mini peppers into bite-sized pieces. Peel and cut the onion into wedges.
- Slice Bratwurst into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Skewer your Bratwurst and vegetables, alternating ingredients. We recommend using metal skewers, but you can also use bamboo skewers pre-soaked in water. Pro Tip: Skewers are a great meal for families with multiple diets. For example, you can make some of the skewers all veggies for vegetarians.
- Mix together all of the Hot Mustard Glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Brush the glaze over your assembled skewers.
- Prepare and heat the grill to medium-high.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook until it’s browned on all sides.
There you have it! This recipe is fairly simple and great for a nice summer night. I had my teens help me put all of the ingredients onto the skewers, making my job even easier! We served ours up with easy steamed rice because they have so much flavor already, you really don’t need much. You could get creative, though, and pair them with just about anything.
What will you be grilling up this summer? Let me know in the comments below!
Leave a Reply