One of the greatest lessons I have learned in life is how good it feels to GIVE. There literally is no greater gift than the feeling you get when you help someone in need. It’s amazing!!! This Halloween weekend you can help kids in Southern CA by participating in the annual Walk for CHOC hosted by Disneyland Resort!
Walk for CHOC at Disneyland Oct. 30th!!!
What is the CHOC Walk in the Park?
The CHOC Walk in the Park, presented by Disneyland Resort, is CHOC Children’s LARGEST FUNDRAISER of the year. Not to mention the single largest pediatric walk in the United States! Last year donors raised over $2.5 Million dollars for the hospitals KidsCare Fund bringing their quarter-century total to over $26 Million!!!
Why Disney Families will LOVE it:
Walt Disney himself was a huge supporter of CHOC right from the start! In fact he served on their first board of directors over 50 years ago! The Disneyland Resort continues to support CHOC through the Disneyland Resort Patient & Family Lobby which features the attraction “Turtle Talk” from California Adventure Park twice daily for the patients and their siblings. They also host character greetings and, of course, they host the CHOC Walk in the Park too!
Three Benefits Disney Families will LOVE:
- The CHOC Walk provides an excellent opportunity to carry on Walt Disney’s passion for supporting the health and wellness of the children in the community surrounding the Disneyland Resort. Raising money for CHOC also allows parents the opportunity to teach their children about the importance of helping others- even children- in their own community. It can be particularly powerful for children to learn that their fundraising can help other, less fortunate kids.
- CHOC Walk participants are eligible to receive prizes including free Disneyland Resort park-hopper tickets for their fundraising efforts. Participants that raise $375-$599 earn one 1-day Disneyland Park Hopper Ticket. Participants who raise $600+ earn two 1-day Park Hopper Tickets.
- By participating in the walk, families also gain a unique look at the Disneyland Resort through the walk experience. They can also purchase reduced-rate group ticket admission for the parks as part of the perks of participating in the CHOC Walk & enjoy special discounts in the Downtown Disney District the day of the walk.
*Together these perks make a wonderful reason to book a staycation at the Disneyland Resort during the annual CHOC Walk.
To register for the event and be part of the magic that makes a difference for children visit the CHOC website. There you can register to be a “Fundraising Bear” and attend the early morning walk or a “Sleeping Bear” to raise money and sleep the morning of the walk. Either way, CHOC Walk participants can earn amazing prizes like Disneyland Resort park-hopper tickets, free products and services, and much more.
Learn more at http://www.chocwalk.org.
Real-time event information can also be found on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This year’s hashtag is #chocwalk.
Another fun way to benefit CHOC Children’s Hospital is by purchasing tickets for the 2nd Annual CHOC Walk Ambassador’s Luau at the Disneyland Hotel.
The luau is hosted by CHOC Walk Ambassadors, past and present, as a way to raise additional funds for the CHOC Walk in the Park and to celebrate the courage and strength that they, and other CHOC patients and families, have shown during their medical journeys.
This year the dinner will feature: special photographs with Disney characters, tattoos by Kamen’s Art Shoppe, Ambassador’s Silent Auction, delicious luau-inspired dinner, authentic Polynesian entertainment with special appearances by Tupua Productions, Loa Greyson, Jerome Grey, Halau Lani Ola and “Auntie” and an exciting finale featuring world-famous Polynesian fire dancers! Guests will also enjoy a dash of Disney magic with a special visit from artist Jimmy Mulligan. This year’s master of ceremony will be KTLA’s Henry DiCarlo.
There are two different ticket pricing options starting at $85. To purchase tickets and for details click here.
For more than 50 years, CHOC Children’s Hospital has provided the very latest life-saving medical treatments to Southern California’s kids. From pioneering new surgical techniques for the tiniest babies to opening Orange County’s only pediatric-focused trauma center, CHOC has always been at the forefront of providing compassionate, state-of-the-art patient- and family-centered care.
What are you waiting for?
Sign up and walk with me Sunday Oct. 30th!!!
*photos courtesy of CHOC. On occasion, the Global Munchkins team receives products, compensation and/or complimentary services and discounted rates. This practice does not hinder our point of view. All thoughts and opinions, as always, are 100% accurate, factual and reflect our personal overall experience.
- Complete Tropical Vacation Packing List: Essentials for Sun and Sand! - February 16, 2024
- The EXACT Steps I Took To Balance My Hormones [and have my healthiest pregnancy at age 39] - February 13, 2024
- The Best Things To Do In Oahu with Kids [25 amazing activities] - February 10, 2024