As you may have noticed we travel A LOT with Disney, in fact, we have visited Disney World 15+ times, taken 6 Disney Cruises, and stayed at Aulani 7x in the past 14 years. Sounds pretty incredible right? Well, what if I told you the reason we can afford to do all that was because we’ve got a SECRET up our sleeves?
Family Travel Chat LIVE- episode 12 (How We Save Up to 70% OFF Disney Resorts incl. Disney’s Aulani + the BEST Travel Deals on the Web Today)
DVC Membership is an incredible vacation ownership plan. One that we actually make money on year after year and use to vacation all over the world!
What makes Disney different:
Points system Disney is SMART! And, so they created an awesome points value system for their vacation club. You purchase an allotment of points (I recommend 100 to start) and you use those points to book at various Disney Resorts in both Disney World & Disneyland. Plus, you can also use your points to book at Disney’s Aulani Resort & Spa, on Disney Cruises, their resorts in Hilton Head and Vero Beach. Plus, they have a concierge collection with high-end hotels and resorts all over the world!!
Value to stay on Disney property using your points is an incredible value. For example, it costs about $70 a night for a Beach Club Resort Studio Villa (the cheapest hotel room is $374 right now online), $140 a night (reg. price starts at $469) for an ocean view studio at Aulani (during Thanksgiving no less) and only $560 for the 2 bedroom ocean view villa whereas online it would cost you $2,000 per night!!
Demand everyone wants to travel with Disney so it is incredibly easy to rent out your DVC points and use the money you make to pay for a vacation somewhere else. In fact, we actually purchased additional points to rent out to help pay for the points we owned for ourselves- ha!
Flexibility DVC has resorts in Oahu, Hilton Head and Vero Beach that you can enjoy or you can use DVC’s concierge collection. My husband used points at Mauna Lani in Hawaii (INCREDIBLE RESORT) when he proposed to me. You can exchange your points through Disney’s partner and utilize a one week exchange at thousands of other vacation properties all over the world!
Movie Premieres– Members get invited to special events like movie premieres and advanced screenings. We have gone to a handful including Finding Dory, Cinderella, Guardians of the Galaxy.
Exclusive Parties- There are also special parties and events members are invited to. They take place at the various parks and onboard the Disney Cruise. Recently, we went to a VIP event where they closed down CA Adventure Park to DVC Members. Not only did we have the park to ourselves but we also received FREE snacks and drinks plus commemorable gifts.
Special Savings- Members also receive discounted annual park passes, sometimes discounted tickets, and we even get discounts to various stores and eateries at Disneyland and Disney World too!
WATCH EPISODE 12 in its entirety:
How It Works-
Step 1- You purchase points, usually, 100 is good for a small family to start with. I say that bc you are going to want to buy more 😉
Step 2- You pay your loan for the points + annual fees. Annual fees range from about $4.50-$6.50 per point depending on which home resort you purchase from.
Step 3- You use your points to book trips. You can book 11 months in advance at your home resort or 7 months everywhere else.
Step 4- You vacation. Once you pay your loan off you only owe annual dues- woot! woot!
And, bc Disney is such an incredible brand your points actually increase in value! We purchased our first set of points in 2001 for $65, those same points we could sell today on the resale market for $110 per point. That is incredible!!!
Which brings me to my next point- you can buy DVC points on the resale market if you are looking to save. We have bought and sold points through The Timeshare Store. Although, you will NOT receive the special perks of membership like the movie premieres etc… when you do that.
*Pro Tip- buy a small allotment first through Disney to be eligible for special perks than purchase the rest through re-sale and SAVE!
Not ready to purchase but still want to save? Rent points from members like me. I listed several rental stores you can do this with that we have used in the past in this Disney World post here.
Find all the information + request a FREE DVD on Disney Vacation Club’s Official Website here- https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com
The BEST Travel Deals Online TODAY! (4/25/17)
- Very Low! Los Angeles to Italy: Rome or Milan from $399 R/T [OneWorld]
- Fly Nonstop To San Diego From Just $87 Round Trip—From Multiple US Cities (Houston, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Dallas, Austin, Denver, Las Vegas)
- HOT!! SUMMER: San Francisco to Cancun, Mexico for only $179 roundtrip
- Los Angeles to San Jose Del Cabo, Mexico for $242 R/T nonstop [AA/Alaska]
- Delta / United – $385: San Diego – San Juan, Puerto Rico. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- SUMMER: New York to Havana, Cuba for only $284 roundtrip
- American – $541: Los Angeles – Barcelona, Spain. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- Nonstop from San Francisco to Manchester, UK for only $369 roundtrip
- Norwegian’s offering cheap fares starting at just $257 round-trip from many of its US cities, including New York (JFK), Boston (BOS), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Los Angeles (LAX) and Oakland (OAK), to Europe (i.e. Copenhagen, Oslo, etc…).
- XMAS: Orange County, California to Johannesburg, South Africa for only $673 roundtrip
Have you checked into becoming a DVC Member??
Pin for Later-
You may also like these Disney-Related Posts:
Have Questions? Leave them in the comments below. Or just say hi and let me know you are enjoying this information.
It would make my day 🙂
- Starbucks for Life is Back! [Super Secret Ways] to Play for Free & Win - November 29, 2023
- 25 Amazing Spring Break Ideas for Families You’ll Love! - November 24, 2023
- 35 Amazing Things To Do in Anaheim Beyond Disneyland - November 22, 2023