We had a great show today chatting about where my passion bucket runs full, (*hint it has to do with my son’s birth country), the AMAZING #5by20 Initiative that the Coca-Cola Company started and how you can help tomorrow (International Woman’s Day) and of course, I shared with you some absolutely mind-boggling low airfare rates + vacations that you can book TODAY!
Family Travel Chat Tuesday- Episode 8 (Ethiopia, 5by20 Initiative, & INCREDIBLE Travel Deals Going On NOW!!!
“I received products from Coca-Cola’s 5by20 program; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.”
Many of you know we are an adoptive family. We have three biological kids and two that we adopted. Our son Shea was adopted in 2010 from Ethiopia and traveling to bring him home changed me FOREVER!
There is something about traveling to a developing country. It’s crazy and chaotic and you are completely out of your element. For me, what I remember most was the pit in my stomach after coming to grips with the fact that I was born privileged. That never left me.
I returned to Ethiopia with Shea in 2015 to visit his birth family and while we were there visiting his mother and sisters I became passionate about learning how to help women and girls like them around the world. Our driver took us to tons of women’s co-ops and we learned about these incredible women using what they had to create businesses to help support their families. I was in awe.
After that trip, I realized the POWER we have as consumers. Power to force large corporations to do their part in helping causes around the world that we care about. Since then I have been more conscious about where and how I spend my hard-earned dollars, which is why, I was so pleased to learn about Coca-Cola’s 5by20 Initiative.
Coca-Cola started an initiative with the goal of empowering 5 million women entrepreneurs by 2020. They do this through training, financial support, mentoring and more. At the end of 2015 they had helped over 1.2 million women across 60 countries world-wide!
Some of these women are amazing artisans creating beautiful one of a kind jewelry, bags and decor. Sometimes completely from recycled materials that otherwise would have been thrown away as waste.
You can view some of the products in Episode 8 below or go to https://buy.shareacoke.com/5by20.
Watch all of Episode 8 here-
Best Travel Deals on the Web TODAY!!!
- LAX to Amsterdam $446 RT, April-May, LOT Polish Airline
- LAX to Paris $446 RT, April-May, LOT Polish Airline
- LAX, SFO, or NYC to Bali Indonesia $504 RT, Oct-Nov, Philippine Airlines
- LAX to Orlando & Vice Versa $195 RT, April-May, American Air
- LAX to Phoenix AZ $69 RT, March-July, American/ Frontier/ Spirit/ United
- LAX to Chicago & Vice Versa $121 RT, April-May, Spirit
- San Diego to Atlanta/ Detroit/ or Minneapolis for $214 RT, March-May, American Airlines
- 8 Nights in Bali, Indonesia $675 w/ Flights from LAX or NYC, 4 Star Accommodations & Transfers, Sept-Nov, Philippine Airlines
- 7 Nights in Paris, France $662 with RT Airfare, 4-star hotel, April-Oct, Flights from LAX, SFO, NYC, Miami, & Boston with various carriers depending on departure city
Join me EVERY Tuesday LIVE on Facebook at 10am (PST) to chat about Family Travel.
Got a burning travel related question? Leave it in the comments. I LOVE helping my readers plan INCREDIBLE vacations!!!
You may also enjoy these popular posts:
Leave a Reply