Summer is here and the theme parks are ready. We chatted last week about Universal Orlando’s Volcano Bay opening and now today we are chatting about Disney World’s NEWEST land- Pandora: The World of Avatar!
Family Travel Chat LIVE Tuesday- Episode 16 (Disney’s Pandora + Tea Collection GIVEAWAY + Best Travel Deals on the Web TODAY)
Disney’s Pandora: The World of Avatar Opened May 27th and here’s what you need to know about it.
- Avatar Flight of Passage- fast pass is available, must be 44″ to fly, an exhilarating 3D ride where you hop on the back of a banshee. If you are scared of heights or fast motion you may not like this ride.
- Na’vi River Journey- all ages boat ride into the bioluminescent rain forest in search of the Shaman of Songs. This is where you will see the animatronic Na’vi Shaman of Songs that has been all over the internet. It’s a next-generation audio-animatronic and it seriously looks like a human. Fast Passes are also available for this attraction. Check out the animatronic in action via Inside the Magic:
- Valley of Mo’ara- see the Hallelujah Mountain also known as the floating mountains, check out the sounds and the exotic plants that come to life with beautiful bioluminescence each night, there is also a drum circle, and a new wilderness explorers challenge.TIP- Disney’s Imagineers have filled Pandora with hidden details. To make sure you don’t miss out on any of the amazing features Disney is offering a virtual assistant to guide you through Pandora, via the My Disney Experience app. Learn more about the virtual guide + find out how it helps to support conservation efforts by clicking here. Or just ask any employee within Pandora to point out their fav features to you.
Get ALL the Tips by Watching a Re-Cap of Today’s LIVE Episode:
Maximize Time: (Visits between May 27th-July 4th)
When this land opened both rides experienced major queues, there were even waits to get into the land. To avoid crazy long queues we suggest you book your Fast Pass asap. If you did not grab a fast pass for the 2 main attractions you will want to arrive at Animal Kingdom about 90 min prior to opening.
Extended Theme Park Hours
For a limited time Disney’s Animal Kingdom park hours will be extended. The park will be open from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
“Extra” Extra Magic Hours
In addition, Guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels will have the chance to enjoy “Extra” Extra Magic Hours—available exclusively in Pandora – The World of Avatar from 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM.
- Satu’li Canteen- Disney World’s first restaurant to offer mobile ordering, using the official My Disney Experience app. You can place your order ahead of time and avoid a long wait.
- The canteen bowls look amazing- I’m eyeing the panko-crusted mahi and the crispy tofu options. They also have steamed cheeseburger pods (similar to veggie ones above) which I am curious to see how the kids react to. It looks like dim sum but supposedly tastes like a burger? Follow us on Instagram to watch the boys taste test one in the park this summer.
- Pongu Pongu- “Party,Party” in the Na’vi language serves interesting looking cocktails, beer and signature snacks.
source: Tea Collection
Tea Collection partnered with Jess Cramp, a Shark Guardian and National Geographic Explorer to inspire little citizens to care about (and for) our planet. Curiosity and connection are brand values that make me LOVE Tea and they are also a big part of this conversation. To help spread the word on how everyone, around the world, can help with the conservation of sharks – Tea Collection is launching a #SOS (Save our Sharks) campaign which includes a giveaway to win $1000 to shop Tea + a bundle of Nat Geo books!!!
Enter to Win $1,000 in Tea Collection + a Nat Geo Book Bundle here: www.teacollection.com/SOS + DOWNLOAD A FREE COLORING ACTIVITY WHILE YOU ARE THERE
TRAVEL DEALS AROUND THE WEB
Fly To Paris, France From $349 Round Trip From East & West Coasts! (New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago) Sept.- April
Fly Nonstop To Iceland From The West Coast From $330 Round Trip (San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, & Portland) Sept.- Jan.
Flights To Oslo From $350 Round Trip – Norway You Can Miss This! (New York, Los Angeles, Boston) Aug.- April
Fly To Okinawa Island, Japan From $382 Round Trip! (Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York) Aug.- Dec.
Nonstop Flights To Los Angeles, California From $83 Round Trip (Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco, Oakland, Las Vegas) July- Dec.