Every Tuesday on Facebook at 10am PST you can join me to chat about all things Family Travel related + I always share the VERY BEST FLIGHT DEALS online that day to help you plan your future trips. Today on episode 20 we chatted about Hidden Gems in San Diego for Families in honor of the article I wrote for my NEW Favorite Magazine- TWIST.
Family Travel Chat LIVE Tuesday – Episode 20 (5 INCREDIBLY Cheap Flights + Hidden Gems in San Diego for Families)
Hidden Gems in San Diego
Maybe you live in Southern CA and you’ve been to SD a million times before, or you are an out of towner who wants in on the local secrets you will LOVE the 10 Hidden Gems I found in San Diego.
- Over 30 artisan eateries + awesome kids activities this summer including a 5k Family Run on July 1st & Lego Batman Movie (FREE) on July 8th. More info here.
- Ella and I LOVE watching performances here under the stars. BONUS- grab the seats that allow you to picnic while you are there. It’s an incredibly fun time for families who appreciate theater. See schedule here.
- Hit up USS Midway and/ or the Maritime Museum then head across the street to let the kids run through this amazing new FREE family attraction in San Diego. *TIP- pack extra clothes and end the night with a delicious meal in Little Italy 😉
- Make a day out of a visit to Carlsbad. Start at Cafe Topes for the most incredible cinnamon roll. *TIP- order it dirty style, thank me later! Then head to Carlsbad Lagoon where you can rent kayaks, jet skis and more! After you are tired out recharge at Pizza Port. *TIP- check Deal Palooza as they sometimes run deals for the lagoon on there 😉
VIP Experiences at Major Attractions
- Don’t just head to the SD attractions like a tourist, hit up the VIP experiences to take things from “meh” to WOW!!! Listen below for ALL the amazing VIP experiences available in San Diego.
Kit Carson’s & Queen Califa’s Magic Circle
- A place rarely visited but totally worth a trip is Kit Carson’s park and Queen Califa’s Magic Circle. Visit the sculpture garden, take your kids to see the ducks, play on the playground, or enjoy a hike. Older kids will appreciate the 22,000 sq ft skate park and massive sports complex too! Check site here for details on the limited hours of operation.
- Head to the children’s pool to visit the famous sea lions and make sure to head to The Taco Stand for the most incredible tacos. We like to eat them at the picnic tables over at Scripp’s Pier around sunset. The views are amazing!!! Also, check out the #SecretSwings on Instagram and go on a hunt for a photo opportunity with these Insta-Famous swings!
Mission Beach Bonfires
Torrey Pines State Park & Beach
- Head for a hike + day at the beach all at one convenient location. There is a super easy 1 mile loop hike that kids will enjoy. Plus, the beach below has lifeguards, bathrooms, and showers. *TIP- there is a Panera not too far from there where we like to grab sandwiches from before heading to the park for a simple picnic. See what else we pack in our Summer Day Bag here.
- One of our favorite spots in San Diego is Coronado Island. It’s pure magic, in fact Ella says she is going to live there someday bc she loves it so much! Head over the bridge by car or hop on the Ferry Boat from Downtown SD. We like to eat at Village Pizzeria over there. If you have a pup make sure to hit up dog beach near Hotel Del Coronado (see sunset pic above). Listen to all the amazing other things to do there on the show replay below 😉
Don’t forget to check back here in August to see the details for the Kids FREE in San Diego the whole month of October!!!
*Make sure to listen to Episode 20 in its entirety below to learn about my favorite family-friendly San Diego restaurants too!
Score a FREE online copy of TWIST here & find even more amazing family travel inspiration & tips!!!
CHEAP FLIGHTS TO GRAB TODAY!!!
Delta – $545: Los Angeles – Paris, France. Roundtrip, including all Taxes Dates in Oct-March
Fly To Cancún, Mexico From Only $190 Round Trip (Aug-March)
SUMMER: Washington DC to Oslo, Norway for only $412 roundtrip (Aug-Oct)
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO WITH KIDS IN SAN DIEGO???
Tell me in the comments below. I love learning more about great places near by + it helps other readers find awesome things to do with their kids too 😉
Pin for Later-