I can’t believe it is already this time of year. The weather is finally beginning to cool, Christmas commercials are on TV, catalogs are arriving in the mail and the holiday tunes are starting to play. By far, Christmas is my most favorite time of the year. This year I have scoured the town and the internet to find the ultimate guide of the best things to do during the holiday season and for Christmas in Temecula & Murrieta.
The ULTIMATE GUIDE to the Holidays & Christmas in Temecula & Murrieta- 2017
City of Temecula & Murrieta Holiday Decorating Contests
Every Year, both cities Temecula & Murrieta have a map of all the Holiday Light Contestants and winners of their Holiday Lights Competition. Here is the link to the map. Here is a Link to the Print Out as well!
Corrigan Place (40526, 40518, 40481, 40473, 40465, 40449, 40441, 40433, 40493, 40385, 40382)
Reason for the Season: 43125 Corte Almonte
Simply Homemade: 32243 Corte Gardano
Debatable Inflatables: 45955 Hunter Lodge Lane
Norman Rockwell: 28939 Lexington Road
Clark Griswold: 44811 Shale Circle
- City of Murrieta Christmas Lights Map Click Here for Map + if you would like thorugh December 15th you can vote for the winner. Here is the link
- Bainbridge Circle
This incredible street has pretty much every house fully decked out in lights an animation with music synchronized to all the lights in the neighborhood. As you pull up, you will see signs to tune into a certain radio station and you can pipe the music directly into your car as you drive through. I prefer to park and go for a stroll along this incredible spectacle of lights.
**Pro Tip** Go early in the season and on weekdays to avoid crowds. This place gets very busy!
- Christmas Tree Lighting at the Pond – November 27, 2017
28250 Ynez Rd, Temecula, CA 92591, Temecula, CA 92590
- Murrieta Festival of Lights & Tree Parade – December 2nd – Town Square Park
Family Filled Fun as there will be carriage rides, fully themed decorated trees, a visit from your favorite Moana princess (I’m guessing that would be Moana) and the annual tree lighting at 6:30 p.m.
- Temecula Wineries – Many of the local wineries light up for to celebrate Christmas in Temecula – We will have a map together as we get further information.
- Peltzer Christmas on the Farm- Saturday, November 25th from 3pm-9pm is Christmas on the Farm. Peltzer’s Annual Christmas tree lighting will be at 5:30pm! Bring the whole family to enjoy food trucks, live music, the Polar Express train rides and of course, Santa Clause! Support Small Business Saturday at their Holiday Market featuring dozens of local businesses. The winery will be open and will feature a special, reserved area for Crush Club Members. Admission to the event is FREE for children and adults. If you plan on enjoying an alcoholic beverage, bar access wristbands area minimum $5 donation each. 100% of wristband proceeds benefitting the Yellow Ribbon Fund in honor of Military Family Awareness Month!
- Lorimar Winery Tree Lighting – December 3rd 5-8pm – Meet Santa, Decorate Cookies, Hot Cocoa, Gift Wrapping & More!
Worth the Drive
- Mission Inn Festival of Lights – Riverside – Mission Inn November 19 through Jan. 7th, Sun.- Thurs. 5-10pm, Fri.-Sat. 5-11pm. Entrance is FREE. Additional activities include: horse-drawn carriages, train rides, food stands & more (fees apply).
- Thoroughbred st. Rancho Cucamonga
- Skating by the Sea at the Hotel Del Coronado
Local Christmas Light Tours – Parades
- Jingle Bell Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides- Temecula Carriage Co. will take you on a tour through more than 100,000 twinkle lights and holiday décor. 25-minute rides can be booked between the hours of 3pm and 9pm – December 3- December 31 – up to 4 guests on your private carriage $55
- Twas the Lights Before Christmas Bus Tour
Take a double decker open air bus tour around Temecula – Enjoy holiday refreshments, corny jokes, and holiday cheer. Price is $10 per seat.
Dates Available – 12/7/2017, 12/8/2017, 12/9/2017, 12/10/2017, 12/14/2017, 12/15/2017, 12/16/2017, 12/17/2017, 12/18/2017
- Santa’s Electric Light Parade! – December 1, 2017 – Old Town Temecula
25th annual Santa’s Electric Light Parade in Old Town. Listen to holiday music, enjoy the lit up floats, grab some hot chocolate for the 25th anniversary of this classic Temecula Event
- PennyPickle’s Winter Wonderland – Friday, December 9, 5-8:30 pm,
42081 Main St., Temecula, CA 92590
REAL NOW to play in plus visit Santa, and enjoy an evening of CHILLED surprises. Dress warmly because this event is held outside and there’s real SNOW to play in!
ACTIVITY TICKETS $1 EACH. Tickets may be purchased in advance through Thursday, December 8 by calling 951-308-6376 and they will be held for you at the Will Call table
- South Coast Winery December 3rd. 5:00pm – 8:00pm
South Coast Winery’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony & Snow Festival has a Real Snow Play Area, Live Entertainment, Santa Photos, Cookie Decorating, Sleigh Rides, Food & Family Activities for All Ages! FREE TO THE PUBLIC & FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
Visit or Dine with Santa!!
- Temecula Promenade Mall – November 18th – December 24th
Santa Arrives at the Temecula Promenade Mall on November 18th, enjoy live music, aerial artists, light show & fireworks.
- Santa Arrives in Old Town Temecula Nov. 24th – 26th
Friday November 24th: 6pm-9pm – Saturday 25th, 10am-2pm
Sunday 26th, 1pm-5pm
- Santa at Temecula Town Center. Near Target and Home Goods. Santa will be available starting Nov 24 for pictures through Dec 24. November 24 – December 15 M- 11:00am – 7:00pm (Break 2:30 – 3:30) Sat 11:00am – 8:00pm (Break 3:00 – 4:00) Sun12:00pm – 6:00pm (Break 3:00 – 3:30) December 16 – 23 Daily 11:00am – 8:00pm (Break 1:00 – 1:30; 5:00 – 6:00) December 24 9:00am – 4:00pm (Break 12:30 – 1:00)
- Breakfast With Santa- December 9th, 2017 – Temecula Community Recreation Center
Start your morning with a tasty breakfast, carolers, pictures with Santa and a visit to Santa’s Workshop. This is an annual family tradition for many! Register early, as space is limited!
- Donuts with Santa – December 2nd at 9am –Town Square Park, Murrieta
Santa will be by with donuts and juice for his fans. Space is limited. Reserve your space beginning Nov. 14th online at www.murrietaca.gov
- Penny Pickle’s Workshop – 42081 Main St., Temecula, CA 92590
Santa Arrives on November 24th and is there every weekend through Christmas
- Christmas on the Ranch at Galway Downs – Beginning December 15th – Santa will be at the Christmas on the Ranch, visit Santa then take a skate on the 2nd Largest Outdoor skating rink in California
- Breakfast with Santa at Christmas on the Ranch – December 17th
Located at Kentina at Galway Downs
- Murrieta Santa Stops – Throughout the city of Murrieta you will find Stars on the street. This is where Santa and his helpers will be visiting the local children. Here is the link to the map
- Breakfast with Santa at Fire Station 61 in Wildomar – December 16th 8am-11am
Enjoy some buttermilk pancakes with Saint Nick at this fun annual Event. More Info available at www.cityofwildomar.org
- Letters from Santa – Annies Cafe on Jefferson Temecula has a post box from Friday 24th November until Christmas Eve so that your little ones can post their letters to Santa. They get a personalized reply from the North Pole to pick up when they come in the next time. They also have an Elf on the Shelf competition throughout the month of December to keep them amused
Ice Skating in Temecula & More!
- Holidays on Ice/Christmas on the Ranch at Galway Downs
The Christmas on the Ranch is coming to Galway Downs
Experience the 2nd Largest Outdoor Ice Skating Rink in Southern California
(over 6,000 sq. ft.)
Also, Enjoy Hayrides – Carriage Rides – Tot lots – Food Vendors, Santa & More
- PennyPickle’s Polar Express – December 22nd 5:30 P.M.- 7:30P.M. – $25 Per child
Mom & Dad’s can enjoy some alone time as you drop off your pajama-clad kiddos for two hours of fun activities and adventures. This is a KIDS ONLY EVENT Age 5-10 – Sells Out Very Quick – Call 951.308.6376 to reserve your spot
- Temecula on Ice at Old Town Temecula
- Toys 4 Tots Free Movie Night at Temeku Cinemas – December 6th 4:30 & 7:30
Bring an unwrapped toy for a FREE Movie Night, popcorn treats and a visit from Santa!
Holiday Plays & Musicals
A CHRISTMAS STORY: THE MUSICAL- Old Town Temecula Theater
NOV 10, 11, 17 &18, 2017 @ 7:30pm
NOV 11, 12, 18 & 19, 2017 @ 2pm
- Academy Ballet of Arts Nutcracker – Temecula Valley High School
December 16th 2p.m. & 7p.m. December 17th 2 PM – Tickets available at www.academyofballetart.org
THE NUTCRACKER BALLET Presented by Inland Valley Classical Ballet Theatre 2017
The Nutcracker Ballet – Old Town Temecula Theater
Old Town Temecula Community Theater Dates vary between December 15, 2017 – December 24, 2017
- Irving Berlin’s White Christmas – Pechanga
December 14, 2017 • 8 PM, December 15, 2017 • 8PM. December 16, 2017 • 2PM & 8PM
December 17, 2017 • 2 PM
A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2017 – Old Town Temecula Theater
- 18th ANNUAL CHRISTMAS IN THE AIR – Old Town Temecula Theater
SAT, DEC 2, 2017 @ 7:30pm SUN, DEC 3, 2017 @ 2pm
- Candlelight Classics: Quartet Nouveau – Old Town Temecula Theater
December 16th & 17th, 2017
- Rancho Community Church – will host Navidad Latina December 16, 6:00 PM
with an emphasis on how we celebrate Christmas in our Latin countries.
Music and food hosted by Rancho Community Church
Christmas Tree Lots
- Bennett’s Best Christmas Trees – 40727 Murrieta Hot Springs Rd, Murrieta, CA 92562
- Moon Valley Nursery – 36705 Briggs Rd, Murrieta, CA 92563
- Stu Miller’s Christmas Trees – 38174 Murrieta Hot Springs Rd.Murrieta, CA. 92563
- Wickerd Farm – 26852 Scott Rd, Menifee, CA 92584
NEW YEAR’S EVE!
1) NYE Grape Drop –
Location: Town Square – 41000 Main Street, Temecula, CA 92592
Come ring in the new year Temecula-style at our family friendly Grape drop! Friends and family of all ages are invited to the annual event on Sunday, December 31st, beginning at 6 pm in Town Square in Old Town Temecula! Join us and see our Temecula custom-crafted, beautifully illuminated cluster of grapes descend 65 feet from the third-story patio of the Civic Center tower clock. There will also be live music to dance to, a Fun Zone with activities for all to enjoy, such as hat making, face painting, and a giant slide! There will even be two countdowns, East Coast (9:00 pm) and West Coast (12:00 am), both led by city officials!
2) New Years Eve at Pechanga
Pechanga invites you to join them to celebrate the new year on another level! They are offering a number of events including comedy shows, fine dining, parties and more! Some featured events include Cabaret in the Ballroom, Eagle’s Nest and Kelsey’s NYE party, and Tim Meadows in the comedy club. You even have a chance to win a free car!!
- Cabaret in the Ballroom:
The 80s All Starz theme celebration in the ballroom! The doors open at 8PM and the Live Band entertainment “80s All Starz” begins at 9PM! Presale tickets are $25 and $35 a the door. The event is 21+, and will run until 2AM. Buy your tickets now on the Pechanga website!
- Eagle’s Nest:
Groove out to classic rock, old school, and disco music, all while dressed in 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s music. Tickets start at $50 (presale online on the Pechanga Website), or will be $60 at the door.
- Kelsey’s NYE Party
Come dance 2017 away! Kelsey’s will be having three DJs spinning the Top 40 hits all night! Two will be featured at Kelsey’s Main Bar and the third will be at the Loft. Tickets are $75 pre-sale and $95 at the door, including a light appetizer of hors-d’oeuvres and a Champagne Toast.
- Tim Meadows performs at the Comedy Club
3) Old Hollywood Glam New Year’s Eve Dinner and Party
Join The Vineyard Rose on Sunday, December 31st, 2017 from 7pm – 12:30am for an all-inclusive Old Hollywood Glam style event to ring in the new year! Enjoy a 5-Course Prix-Fixe dinner, dancing, live music, and a bottle of award-winning wine per couple, and a champagne toast! Visit store.wineresort.com to book the event today.
4) Wilson Creek Winery
Whether you decide to celebrate East Coast or West Coast style, Wilson Creek have just the option for you! From a four-course wine paired dinner to a night of dancing. It will be the best place to ring in the new year!
5) New Years Eve Dinner & Events in Old Town Temecula
Throughout old town Temecula you will find a long row of restaurants offering up New Year’s Dinner & Drink Specials. I recommend grabbing an uber into old town as the street will be quite packed.
Looking for more activities in Temecula? Check out my articles on-
-PIN FOR LATER