Looks like we got brave and traveled with just our immediate family back in 2005. And, we liked it SO much we went TWICE to Disneyworld in one summer.
Or maybe we are just crazy?
Our kiddos were 2 & 4 and we were starting to realize
we liked when they said “Welcome Home” what an affordable trip Disneyworld was when we booked the hotel with our Disney Vacation Club (DVC) points. We actually liked it SO much we purchased more points that summer.
I know people often think we are just insane to take the kids all the way to Disneyworld and multiple times. But, look with Disney we knew we were guaranteed a good time. We knew that everything was going to be clean (A type- yup that’s me), kids would be happy, grown ups would have good food & drinks etc… (and, yes you read that right… there are delicious grown up bevys served in the parks) Plus, we just knew how to do it!
When you travel to Disneyworld with munchkins (or any theme park) there are a few things you can do to ensure you have a great trip:
- Keep visits in the park to 4 hours MAX
- Go SLOW
- Keep expectations low
- Don’t let rides be the main focus
- Pack snacks and bubbles- just TRUST me 😉
- Our schedule is usually to wake up early, eat a quick breakfast in the room and then go to which ever park has extra magic hours that day (don’t know what that means?- click here).
- We then go back to our hotel for lunch and to swim in the pools (depending on the weather and time of year).
- The kids are usually pooped after that so we go back to the room to nap and relax. Then we clean up, head out to dinner and a different park. *We don’t like extra magic evenings bc they get SUPER packed!
This schedule makes your days last SO long in the best way. It makes sure everyone is fed, on a schedule (which munchkins thrive on) and well rested = less meltdowns. YAY!!!!!
Becky @ Disney in your Day says
Thank you so much for joining in the TBT link up! Your pictures are adorable. I’ve never seen that Ariel statue (it looks like at Old Key West?). And the Tower of Terror picture is too cute 😉
Mama Munchkin says
Thanks Becky… Yes the statue is in front of the Beach Club Villas- still our favorite of the DVC resorts 😉 Thanks for hosting the hop. Are you on the Facebook group for Disney bloggers? If not I’m sure they’d love to participate too!