Man, oh man does time fly? I am a day late in posting but I want to be sure to stay on top of this challenge 1) because I think it is incredibly important to live a life full of purpose and gratitude and 2) I am competitive and I don’t like to fail. It’s really not an option.
So, lets get into this. Fall… I do love this season. There are so many reasons I am grateful for Fall.
- Both my older two boys were born in the fall (November 12th and 16th to be exact) so it holds a special place in my heart just for that.
- My maternal grandfather was one of the most important role models in my life. He was one of my favorite people and he used to tell me stories about what a real fall looked like. I am a born and raised SoCal girl and our leaves stay green year round pretty much. My grandfather was from Michigan so he would tell me about the gorgeous colors of the leaves, about the pain in the butt they were when you had to rake them but also how fun it was to jump in a big pile of crispy golden hued leaves. I promised him on his death bed I would see a true fall for myself one day. I have yet to do it… but every time fall appears again I can’t help but think of my sweet grandfather.
- Ummm… obviously boots, scarves and sweaters. The clothes in fall are my favorite ALL YEAR!!! I love being bundled up inside sipping a hot cocoa by the fire… or cuddled up with a book. In SoCal when fall finally does appear it is a much welcomed break from the super high temperatures that last from May- October.
- Thanksgiving = Vacation!!! Yes, when the munchkins are out of school it means we get to pack up and go somewhere. Fall is usually a trip to Hawaii to visit Mike’s father who lives in Maui. Or sometimes we switch it up and head to Disney World. This year its Hawaii and I am SO excited because we are hopping over to Kauai for the very first time. I can’t wait. Plus, we have all sorts of amazing tours planned. Next year we booked a cruise on the brand new Harmony of the Seas– so I am already excited about Fall 2016 as well 🙂
- The holidays are coming. If there is one thing my husband and I absolutely L.O.V.E. its Christmas and Fall means we get to pull out our decor and start buying presents. If I could just bottle up that amazing holiday spirit that fills the air this time of year. I would drink it up every day.
So, there you have it. I am so happy to have had the chance to really sit and think about how fortunate I am to have such a wonderful life. To soak up in all the festivities fall brings. Blessed beyond measure and completely humbled by the fact that I get to live the way I do. Fortunate indeed!