Do This Daily to Reach Your Greatest Goals
If you are a visionary (a dreamer), like me, you might sometimes get stuck. You’ve got the big dream, and you’ve manifested the heck out of it but when it comes to taking actionable steps… well they just aren’t happening.
I get it, I’ve been there and I have found a simple hack that keeps me progressing forward which means I actually accomplish the things I set out to do. Try this strategy next time you feel stuck.
I call it my Daily 3.
Once you have reverse-engineered your dream life (read more about that here) and you know the ONE big thing you are working on… well you actually have to work on it- daily!
The best way I have found to do that is to start my day by physically writing out the goal I am working on and listing 3 small things I can do THAT DAY to move me closer to achieving it.
Here is an example.
Currently, I am working on starting a podcast in 2024. Every day I write in my journal “I am starting a podcast” and then I list three things I can do to move myself closer to that larger goal. Today those three things were:
1) Text a contact of mine who has a successful podcast to set up a time to chat. I asked her if she could help me avoid common pitfalls and offer advice.
2) Research podcast agencies to pitch my show idea to.
3) Look for similar-style podcasts so that I can research what I like and what I would improve for my own show.
Once I have my tasks listed I set a time limit for each one. Then I add them to my daily schedule.
TIP- Over time I have learned to limit how many things I actually try and accomplish for one day. I also add in blank space because as a mom (and business owner) I know things will inevitably pop up.
But, by adding these three small actionable steps daily I have been able to tackle enormous goals in record time without feeling super overwhelmed. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
*this entry is part of a series. Come back next week in order to learn tricks I use to overcome my greatest fears. Subscribe to my weekly e-newsletter here for more tips and life hacks.
- Starbucks for Life is Back! [Super Secret Ways] to Play for Free & Win - November 29, 2023
- 25 Amazing Spring Break Ideas for Families You’ll Love! - November 24, 2023
- 35 Amazing Things To Do in Anaheim Beyond Disneyland - November 22, 2023