The holidays are a big deal in our house! Combine that and our favorite way to relax as a family (movie nights, of course), and you’ve got a recipe for FUN! Of course, I always like to add a little extra flair, which is why I was so excited to find this delicious recipe.
Whether you are gearing up for your own family movie night, hosting a holiday party, or surprising the kids with after-school treats this delicious Buddy The Elf™ Sweet Maple Che Mix is sure to delight. It’s super fun and festive!
For us, every Friday night in December is Holiday Movie Night. We watch all the classics like Elf™, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation™, The Polar Express™, and A Christmas Story™. It’s honestly one of my favorite holiday traditions. There is just something so fun about cozying up together to watch something we all enjoy. Of course, I am sure it has something to do with the nostalgia too.
Since it is a weekly occurrence I try to find little ways to make the night more special. Sometimes we paint ornaments while watching the movies, and we decorate our tree, but the kids’ favorite is when I make tasty treats.
As a kid, party snack mixes were always a favorite. I love how versatile they are! You can find sweet and savory recipes for every taste, making them perfect for parties.
Buddy The Elf™ Sweet Maple Chex™ Mix
With lots of maple-sweetened Chex™, Cinnamon Chex™, mini cookies and pretzels topped with a pile of “spaghetti”- made with white chocolate, milk chocolate candies, marshmallows, and a chocolate drizzle, this mix is perfect for the little elves in your family.
Watch me create the recipe in the video below!
- 4 cups Rice or Corn Chex cereal
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 ½ cups mini vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 cup mini pretzel twists
- ⅔ cup white vanilla baking chips
- 2 tbsp festive trees or other holiday sprinkles (red/white/green)
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 1 cup roasted and salted almonds
- ¼ cup mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp candy-coated chocolate candies
- 2 tbsp milk chocolate chips
- Line 2 large-rimmed baking pans with wax paper.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, add rice or corn cereal. In a small bowl, combine syrup and butter. Pour over cereal in a bowl and toss to coat evenly. Microwave on High for 2 to 4 minutes, stirring after each minute until the mixture is well coated and thoroughly glazed. Spread the mixture onto one of the baking pans to cool.
- Spread cookies and pretzels in a single layer, right side up, onto the remaining baking pan. In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave 1/3 cup of the vanilla chips on High for 30 to 60 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds, until the chips are melted and smooth. Transfer melted chips to a small, resealable food storage bag and cut a small corner from one end of the bag. Drizzle on top of cookies and pretzels. Top with sprinkles; cool for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the drizzle is set. Carefully break apart the pretzels and cookies, if necessary.
- Mix maple-glazed cereal, cinnamon cereal, cookies, pretzels, and almonds in an oval or round serving dish with sides,
- In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave the remaining 1/3 cup vanilla chips on High for 30 to 60 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds, until the chips are melted and smooth. Transfer melted chips to a small, resealable food storage bag and cut a small corner from one end of the bag. Drizzle on top of the snack mix to resemble a spaghetti pile. Top with marshmallows and candies.
- In another small microwaveable bowl, microwave milk chocolate chips on High for 15 to 30 seconds, stirring after 15 seconds, until the chips are melted and smooth. Transfer melted chips to a small, resealable food storage bag and cut a small corner from one end of the bag. Drizzle on top of candies, marshmallows, and snack mix to resemble chocolate syrup. Top with additional sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes or until the drizzle is set. To serve, break into pieces.
Optional step: Make it your own by adding in your favorite holiday-themed candies!
Pin for Later – Buddy the Elf Chex Mix!
- Starbucks for Life is Back! [Super Secret Ways] to Play for Free & Win - November 29, 2023
- 25 Amazing Spring Break Ideas for Families You’ll Love! - November 24, 2023
- 35 Amazing Things To Do in Anaheim Beyond Disneyland - November 22, 2023