Universal Studios Hollywood is one of the most popular theme parks in Southern California. To be perfectly honest, I wasn’t a big fan of this theme park until the past few years, where Universal Studios has seriously upped their game. With some amazing additions, like Harry Potter, Despicable Me, plus a much-improved version of the iconic tram ride makes Universal Studios Hollywood a must see if you are visiting Los Angeles. The park combines a TV/movie set with a theme park, making it a unique attraction. Guests will get the opportunity to get a glimpse of the studios during the famous studio tour by tram. While it is a great place to visit, Universal can be costly, here is a breakdown of How to Buy Universal Studios Hollywood Discount Tickets.
How to Buy Universal Studios Discount Tickets – 10 Easy Ways!
Park Hours & General Admission Pricing!
The park generally is open from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm on weekdays in the winter but the hours do vary on the weekends. For special events, so I suggest checking the hours and calendar before you plan your stay at Universal. Summer hours at the park typically go to 9 or 10 pm. One thing to know is the world-famous studio tour typically closes 60-90 minutes before the park closes or before sundown.
The Universal Studios Tickets pricing does vary. The prices tend to go up during their peak seasons, for special events, and occasionally on the weekends. Generally, their prices are as follows:
- CA Resident 1-Day – Start at $129. These ticket pricing vary on the day that you decide to go.
- CA Resident Universal Express – Start at $169 and the price varies depending on the day that you plan on making your visit.
- 1-Day General Admission – Start at $149 per person, again these ticket prices will vary depending on the day that you visit.
- Universal Express – Start at $179 and can be up to $269 depending on the day that you choose to visit. This ticket includes general admission to the park, as well as one-time express access to each ride, attraction, and seated show.
- VIP experience – $339-$409 depending on the day you decide to come to the park. This ticket price includes:
- One Day of general admission
- Unlimited express access to rides, shows and seated shows (does not apply to food and retail locations)
- Expert guided tour, including the backlot
- Continental breakfast
- Gourmet Lunch in the exclusive VIP dining room
- Valet Parking
- 2-Day General Admission – $149-$169 depending on the day that you buy your ticket, includes one day of general admission the park and any second day within seven days of your first visit.
Tickets for ages 3-9 are all typically $10-$20 lower
10 Easy Ways to buy Universal Studios Hollywood Discount Tickets
A great way to buy Universal Studios Discount Tickets is Undercover Tourist. Undercover Tourist offers a variety of Universal Studios Discounts! They have several ticket options to get you to the wizarding world of Harry Potter including 1-Day general admission, 2-Day general admission passes, Universal Express tickets, VIP experience tickets, and discount Multi-attraction Cards! They even offer two pricing options for each ticket – one for peak season times, and another for non-peak season. The tickets start at $92 for children and $97 for adults and increase depending on the season you choose, the number of days you decide to visit, or if you select one of the VIP or Express options. Through this site, you can potentially save over $30 per ticket! Check Prices Here!
Ares Travel is a go to for discounted tickets in Southern California. Currently, they have the best prices on Universal 1 Day Ticket Deals. They have deals on one-day tickets, express passes, multi-day tickets and more. What I truly love about ARES travel is their ticket combo packs because often times if you are visiting Southern California with the kids you are heading to more than one theme park. Their ticket combo packs are an exceptional deal.
3. Getaway Today – Great Bundle Options to score Cheap Universal Studios Tickets & Hotel
Getaway Today is another great option for snagging some cheap Universal Studios Hollywood Tickets especially if you want to stay at a hotel. They have some incredible bundle options for that will save you quite a few dollars and will have you staying close to the parks. Check current prices here!
Plan ahead and book early! – Universal Studios Hollywood Website
If you purchase your tickets ahead of time online on their website (https://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/) you can potentially save up to $25 off of the gate admission price! You can select the date that you plan on visiting or you can pick the visit anytime option, which still saves you $20 each ticket, if you are unsure of when you’ll be making it down to the park or cannot commit to a specific date.
4. Tickets at Work – Universal Studios Discount Tickets
TicketsatWork is the leading Corporate Entertainment Benefits provider, offering exclusive discounts, and special offers to tickets at top attractions, theme parks, shows, movies, sporting events, plus so much more. TicketsatWork is a unique benefit offered exclusively to companies and their employees. You can double check and see if your employer offers this for you to take advantage of! Right now they are offering a variety of savings, including 10% off of gate admission prices! Ticket options include:
- 1-Day General Admission: Pricing does vary for these tickets depending on the season of the year that you are planning on going. The ticket prices increase during the Summer season, as well as a couple months in the spring. But generally, they offer 20% off gate ticket prices. Tickets start at $92 for children and $95 for adults! This option could potentially save you $35 per ticket!
- Universal Express Tickets: This ticket includes general admission to the park, as well as one-time express access to each ride, attraction, and seated show. Prices start at $160, saving you about $30 off of the gate prices for this ticket!
- Silver Annual Pass: If you plan on visiting the park more than once a year, it is always a good option to invest in season passes, as it will save you the most money in the long run! Through this website the price is $115 for both children and adults. This ticket option saves you $54, which is over 30% off the gate admission price! If you do purchase this option it is always a good idea to double check the black out days before planning your trip!
5. AAA Member Discounts
AAA offers its members three different ways to save on 1-Day General Admission tickets! You can either buy online or in branch to save up to $25 on the gate admission prices, or you can get $3 off at the gate by showing your AAA membership card. They also offer up to $20 off in savings if you purchase the VIP experience online through your membership account, savings on season passes, and on the Universal Express tickets. Check out their website to learn more!
6. Military Discounts
Universal Hollywood offers great discounts for all active and retired U.S. Military personnel all year long. They offer two ways that you can save! You can visit your local base MWR/ITT ticket office to purchase your tickets or you can order your tickets via the phone. Simply contact Commander, Navy Region, Southwest at (901) 874-6891. Your tickets will be mailed within 7 business days!
7. Group Discounts for Universal Studios Tickets
For those who have a group of 10 or more Universal Studios offers a discounted rate for your visit! To find out more information call 818-622-1550 or visit their website and submit a request at: https://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/groups-events/
8. Costco Universal Studios Hollywood Discounts
For those of you who are Costco members, they offer 3-Day General Admission, and Gold Annual Passes at discounted rates on their website! Check out their website for more details at: https://www.costco.com/theme-parks.html?brand=universal-studios-hollywood&refine=30910+754830
Costco often has their best deals in the winter time. So make sure to look out for some great deals as you are strolling the aisles and snacking on the samples.
9. Season Passes
If you plan on being a frequent flyer over at Universal Hollywood, the best way to get that bang for your buck is to invest in on of their annual pass options! They have three different options: Silver, Gold, and Platinum Annual Passes. To learn more about each pass and their blackout dates visit their website at: https://store.universalstudioshollywood.com/PurchaseTickets.aspx
Prices for these start at $169 and make their way up to $599 depending on which pass you buy. They also have a monthly payment option which makes paying for these passes that much easier!
Halloween Horror Nights Discounted Tickets
Halloween Horror Nights is one of the best events at Universal Studios Hollywood. The park shuts down and the ghosts and ghouls come out. There is no better park than Universal for this one of a kind Fright Fest. In addition, after all of my searching, there is only one place that offers discounted tickets to Halloween Horror Nights. Check out ARES Travel to snag your Universal Halloween Horror Night Tickets. You can dave up to $58 off a ticket. Check them out here!
You Might Also Enjoy these articles:
Pin for Later – How to Buy Universal Studios Hollywood Discount Tickets – 10 Easy Ways!