When traveling to Florida, Universal Orlando is one of our families favorite destinations! The Orlando resort features three different theme parks: Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Island’s of Adventure, and Universal’s Volcano Bay Water Park. We have been visiting Universal Orlando Resort for 15 years now and with 5 kids it can be pricey. So, of course, we have to find the best discounts. Here is the complete guide to Universal Studios Orlando Discount Tickets, [ok I am used to the original name] correction, here is the complete guide to Universal Orlando Resort discounted tickets.
Universal Studios Orlando Discount Tickets [11 Ways to Save]
3 Parks – 1 Incredible Resort
Universal Studios Florida:
Has highly imaginative rides and various shows that are based on many famous movies and TV shows. The resort inspires its guest to “ride the movies”; featuring attractions based on Jurassic Park, Despicable Me, The Simpsons, Harry Potter, and much more.
Universal’s Islands of Adventure:
consists of seven thrill seeking themed islands: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Marvel Super Hero Island, Toon Lagoon, Jurassic Park, The Lost Continent, Seuss Landing and Port of Entry. For the third year in a row, it is TripAdvisor Travelers’ choice as #1 Amusement Park in The World! You can check out my tips to navigate these parks like a pro here!
Universal’s Volcano Bay:
is there all-new water theme park filled with thrills and relaxation alike. It is a tropical paradise perfect for everyone in the family! You can check out my complete guide here!
Things to Know about Universal Studios Orlando:
Park Hours: Both Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands are open year-round and generally open at 9:00 AM. Typically the closing hours vary depending on the day, but usually they close those parks anytime between 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM. Universal’s Volcano Bay generally is open from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM, however it is always a good idea to check their calendar online before you go in case there are changes in their hours.
As the seasons change the prices of Universal Orlando tickets fluctuates based on demand. If you are traveling to the resort during school holidays or vacations (their peak season) ticket prices will usually jump up. To avoid an increase in the ticket price and to save some cash, in the long run, it is always best to plan ahead and purchase your tickets in advance. Some of the ticket prices right now are:
- 1-Day, 1-Park ticket: Valid for a preselected day only. Starting at $119 per child and $124 per adult.
- 1-Day, 2 Park ticket: Visit multiple parks on the same preselected day, starting at $174 per child and $179 per adult.
- 2-Day, 2-Park ticket: Valid for one day and then any second day within seven days after that, is starting at $255 per adult ticket and $245 per child.
- 2-Day, 3 Park ticket: Visit all parks for the same day, and a second day within seven days of initial visit, starts at $285 per child and $295 per adult.
- 3-Day, 2-Park ticket: Valid at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure for one day and then any second and third day within seven days after that, is starting at $275 per adult ticket and $265 per child.
- 3-Day, 3-Park ticket: Valid at all parks for one day and then any second and third day within seven days after that, is starting at $315 per adult ticket and $305 per child.
- 4-Day, 2-Park ticket: Valid at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure for one day and then any three more days within seven days after the initial visit, is starting at $285 per adult ticket and $275 per child.
- 4-Day, 3-Park ticket: Valid for one day and then any three days after that within seven days after the initial visit, for $325/adult ticket and $315 per child.
- 5-Day, 2-Park ticket: Valid at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure for one day and then any four more days within seven days after the initial visit, is starting at $295 per adult ticket and $285 per child.
- 5-Day, 3-Park ticket: Valid for one day and then any four days after that within seven days after the initial visit, for $335/adult ticket and $325 per child.
- Universal Express Unlimited ticket: Allows the ticket or pass holder to skip the regular lines of participating rides for their entire day at the park! The price varies depending on how many days you plan to purchase and the park you are visiting, but prices start at $89 per day.
- VIP Experience tickets: These tickets include exclusive backstage access, learn fun information, and even enjoy all the parks rides and attractions wait-free, as you get to skip the lines! Prices vary depending on the number of days you wish to purchase the tickets and for which park you will utilize them at, but they start at $209 per day.
- ARES Travel – My absolute favorite place to purchase discounted tickets is ARES Travel. They have been around for years, the tickets are almost always the cheapest, and the tickets get emailed to you instantly. Check Current Prices Here
- Order in Advance at Universalorlando.com
This one is pretty simple. You can purchase the tickets online directly through Universal Studios Orlando’s website and get $20 off of the gate admission prices. They also offer discounts online for Florida residents.
- Check to see if your Employer is part of ticketsatwork.com
TicketsatWork is the leading Corporate Entertainment Benefits provider, offering exclusive discounts, and special offers to tickets at top attractions, theme parks, shows, movies, sporting events, plus so much more.TicketsatWork is a unique benefit offered exclusively to companies and their employees. You can double check and see if your employer offers this for you to take advantage of! Right now they are offering a variety of savings, including 10% off of gate admission prices! Ticket options include:
- 1-Park 1-Day tickets are starting at $101 per child and $106 per adult. Prices change depending on if you pick your visit date ahead of time or not. Save up to $22 per person!
- 2-Park 1-Day tickets are starting at $ 153 per child and $159 per adult. The prices change depending on if you pick your visit date ahead of time or not. This option could potentially save you up to $20 per person!
- 2-Park 2-Day tickets are $184 per child and $194 per adult saving you $60 dollars on each pass!
- 2-Park 3-Day tickets are $198 per child and $209 per adult! You could potentially save $75 on admission!
- 2-Park 4-Day tickets are $209 per child and $219 per adult, which saves over $60!
- 2-Park 5-Day tickets are $219 per child and $229 per adult saving you $55! This option gives you admission to either Universal Studios Florida or Universal’s Islands of Adventure per day.
- 3-Park 2-Day tickets are $269 per child and $279 per adult. Saving you up to $35 off of gate admission prices!
- 3-Park 3-Day tickets can be up to $45 off here! Tickets are $289 per adult and $279 per child.
- 3-Park 5-Day tickets are $299 per adult and $289 per child with saves you about $50 on admission!
- 3-Park 2-Day Park to Park + 2-Days FREE to Universal Orlando Resort! Prices are $279 per child and $289 per adult! Saving you over $75 and giving you 2 bonus days FREE!!!
- They even offer vacation packages discounted starting at $155
- Splash, Stay and Play Vacation
- 5-night hotel accommodations, 3-Park 5-Day Base Ticket, early park admission, “A Universe of Savings” coupon book, and FREE Universal Orlando Gift Card
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Exclusive Vacation Package
- 4-Night Hotel Accommodations, 3-Park 4-Day Park-to-Park Ticket, Breakfast at the Leaky Cauldron, Breakfast the Three Broomsticks, Early park admission, One Shutterbutton’s Photograph Studio session, FREE Universal Orlando Gift Card, “A Universe of Savings” coupon book, and preferred seatinf at select shows!
- Create Your Own Vacation Package
- 3-Night hotel accommodations, 3-Park 3-Day Park-to-Park ticket, early park admission, FREE Universal Orlando Gift Card, “A Universe of Savings” coupon book, Preferred seating to select shows, and more!
- Splash, Stay and Play Vacation
- Undercover Tourist
Undercover Tourist is one of my favorite places to get discount Universal Orlando Resort tickets. They offer a variety of discounted ticket options to help you save that cash money on your trip to Universal Orlando!Their savings range varies depending on the ticket options that you chose, but you could potentially save up to $50 off a ticket! They offer Universal Orlando Park to Park 1-5 day options, Base ticket options, Blue Man Group Orlando tickets, and much more! Head on over to their website to book your trip today! Check Prices Here!
- AAA Discount
AAA member can save when they pre-purchase Universal Orlando tickets online or in-branch! They can also receive several in-park discounts including:
- 10% off at participating food/beverage locations in the parks
- 10% off merchandise with a minimum purchase of $50 at participating locations in the parks
- 15% off merchandise with a minimum purchase of $75 at participating locations in the parks
- 10% off Blue Man Group Orlando tickets.
- Military Discounts
Universal Orlando offers special discounted tickets for those who have served in our armed forces. They offer discounted tickets at the front gate when purchasing multi-day tickets for those who are active duty military with valid military ID. You also have the option of purchasing tickets at base Leisure Travel offices for active and retired military or Department of Defense personnel with valid ID. They offer a variety of ticket options including base tickets, 2-park tickets, and 3-park tickets.
- Group Discounts
For those who have a group of 20 or more, Universal Orlando offers discounted rates for half-day, full-day, or even multi-day tickets. For more information or to book your visit, call 1-888-266-2121 or visit their website:
Costco offers a variety of deals for its members including tickets and vacation packages. For more details you can check in store at your local Costco, or online at: https://www.costcotravel.com/Specialty/Universal-Orlando
- Annual Passes
For those looking to travel to Universal Orlando multiple times a year, this could be your best option to maximize your savings! The annual passes start at $285 and vary depending on the type of pass you buy. For more information or to buy your pass today visit: Universal Orlando Website
- Save on Express Passes There is a great way to save on Universal Orlando Express Passes. If there are three or more of you in your party, you can actually get Express passes + a Hotel Stay for less than the price of the Express Passes. Simply book a room at one of these three Universal Resorts. Loews Royal Pacific, Loews Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Portofino Bay Resort. When you book at one of these three resorts you get up to 5 Unlimited Express passes for free. Stay one night and you get the passes for two days. So, if you have 5 of you in a room for one night. Express Passes would cost $900 for two days but the room can go for as cheap as $189.