Is there anything more delicious than a platter of nachos? I mean seriously, on a summer day by the beach? Just because you are living the low carb lifestyle or counting your macros doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy them. In fact, I think my Keto Nachos rival any of the nachos we’ve ever had. So what are you waiting for? Skip down to that recipe and give them a try.
*This is a sponsored post in partnership with Omaha Steaks, all opinions are my own.
There are so many different lifestyles but one that has gained tremendous popularity recently is the Keto Diet. What exactly is it you might wonder? Well, as Healthline puts it “The ketogenic diet is a very low-carb, high-fat diet that shares many similarities with the Atkins and low-carb diets. It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat. This reduction in carbs puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis.”
Basically, the idea is you incorporate healthy fats and protein while limiting carbs so that your body burns fat as fuel. Many people who try it report great results. We don’t practice keto but we do count our macros which include 25% intake of healthy fats. And, this is one of my boys’ favorite high protein/high-fat snacks and it just happens to be perfect for not only those counting their macros but for those practicing the keto diet as well.
Keto Nachos- how can they be low carb, don’t you need chips?
Ha! Yes, have no fear these delicious keto nachos are packed with delicious homemade tortilla chips using low-carb tortillas.
Homemade tortilla chips are super easy to make but if you don’t feel like making them you can also substitute them for cassava chips- these are our fav! Other options we love include subbing chips for homemade sweet potato chips, sliced bell pepper, and jicama sticks.
The Best Keto Nachos Recipe
- 2 Low- Carb Tortillas
- Cooking Spray
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Chili Lime Seasoning
Steak Keto Nachos
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Omaha Steaks Boneless New York Strip Steak (sliced into bite-sized strips)
- Omaha Steaks Signature Steak Rub
- 1/4 cup Black Beans
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 2 Sliced Radishes
- 1/3 Sliced Jalapeno
- 1/4 Avocado
- Handful Fresh Cilantro
- Tapatio and/ or your fav Salsa to taste!
Directions (tortilla chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Slice two low carb tortillas with a pizza cutter to create small triangles.
- Spray tops of tortilla triangles with cooking spray and lightly sprinkle with sea salt and chili lime seasoning.
- Bake tortilla triangles for 6-9 minutes, then use tongs to turn triangles over.
- Spray the tops with cooking spray and sprinkle with sea salt and chili lime seasoning.
- Return to the oven and continue baking for 6 more minutes or until the tortillas are beginning to brown.
- Let cool and set aside.
Directions (keto nachos)
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat while you prepare your other ingredients (slice your steak & chop your veggies)
- Once the skillet is hot add 1 tsp of olive oil in the pan, swirl to coat, and carefully place bell pepper and onion inside. Cook until done and set aside.
- While the veggies are cooking place black beans in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until done. Alternatively, you can microwave them following the package instructions. Once the beans have finished cooking set aside.
- Next, add 1 tsp to the cast iron skillet, swirl to coat, and add steak strips inside to cook until your preferred doneness. *Tip- Keep your eye on your steak as it heats up fast.
- Once the steak is done place in a bowl and set aside.
- Now its time to assemble the nachos. Place 6-10 tortilla chips inside your cast-iron skillet and top with bell peppers, onions, beans, and steak. Then sprinkle with cheese and place in your oven on broil heating just until your cheese is melted.
- Once the cheese has melted carefully take the nachos out of the oven and top with remaining ingredients- jalapeno, radishes, avocado, cilantro etc… Enjoy!
Have you tried Keto Nachos yet?
You may also like these delicious recipes:
Leave a Reply