My boys are big meat eaters and there is nothing they love more than a delicious steak. I have found a delicious and budget-friendly way to cook their favorite steak and BONUS it’s a super easy and quick recipe too.
Save Money and Eat Good Steak
Maybe that should be a new mantra- ha! It’s no secret we are HUGE fans of Omaha Steaks, in fact, I have been an ambassador for the brand for the past two years and my family has been eating their steaks since I was a child. So, it should come to no surprise that I am going to tell you that if you want to eat a good steak you need to order some from Omaha Steaks.
What you may not know is all of the cost-saving tips I have when it comes to ordering high-quality proteins online. First off you want to always check Omaha Steaks’ “Sale” page on their website. They run daily and monthly specials along with a host of other deals. I do this before planning our meals and it really helps me to maximize the savings.
We also up our veggie and grains intake so that most of our plate is plant-based and our portions of meat are smaller. Not only is this nice on the wallet but it is also nice on the waistline as well.
Lastly, I buy steak tips! Steak tips are basically leftover pieces that didn’t make the strict cut off to be an Omaha Steaks steak. So, you get a great deal on these smaller pieces of delicious and high-quality steaks. We love the grass-fed steak tips and the filet mignon tips best.
Cajun Butter Steak Bites
You can prepare steak tips in all sorts of fun ways- you can slice them and make steak tacos, pop them into a delicious stew, or make steak bites (our personal fav). You may recall my popular Bacon-Wrapped Steak Bites recipe that I shared a while back while these are delicious we typically serve them at parties and I wanted to make a new steak recipe that we could incorporate into a quick weeknight dinner and I am happy to say I succeeded.
These cajun butter steak bites were a total hit with the whole family. They have a little kick to them that the boys loved but you could always turn it down based on preference.
For the steaks:
- 1 lb. Omaha Steaks Grass-Fed Steak Bites
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
For the seasoning:
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne (or less based on taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
*NOTE- you can also buy prepared cajun spice too. This one is my fav and its less than $4 on amazon prime.
- Combine all of the seasonings into a medium-sized bowl. Once seasonings are combined add steak bites and toss to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot add the olive oil.
- Next, carefully add the seasoned steak bites trying to avoid splattering. Turn down your heat if needed.
- Sear the steaks for a few (2-3) minutes on each side or until the edges are crispy and brown. You may need to work in batches. Once the steak is seared set-aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the butter to the skillet. Once the butter is melted add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Remove the pan from the heat and toss in the seared steak bites and coat with freshly melted garlic butter and serve.
Not only are these a delicious meal when paired with Omaha Steaks’ Tri-Colored Carrots, but they are also perfect on their own and make great game-day snacks and party apps too.
- 25 Amazing Spring Break Ideas for Families You’ll Love! - November 24, 2023
- 35 Amazing Things To Do in Anaheim Beyond Disneyland - November 22, 2023
- 41 Awesome Matching Disney Family Shirts [+ Weird Ones!] - November 18, 2023