The Best DIY Taco Bar Menu + Authentic Guacamole Recipe
Our Favorite Taco Bar Menu Items
- El Paso Stand & Stuff Shells
- Ground Turkey Meat, Grilled Fish, Carnitas, Pollo or Carne Asado
- El Paso Traditional Refried Beans
- Shredded Lettuce or Cabbage
- Diced Onions
- Fresh Cilantro
- Salsa (try our homemade recipe below)
- Hot Sauce
- Jalapeno Slices
- Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
- Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- Guacamole (try our homemade recipe below)
- EXTRA- try roasted, grilled, or sautéed veggies!
- EXTRA- add some fruit grilled pineapple, pomegranate pearls, and mango salsa are a few of our favorites.
Amber’s Homemade Salsa (medium heat)
Making homemade salsa is super easy and so much tastier than store-bought. The only piece of equipment you need is a good blender or food processor.
- 1- 14.5 oz Canned Tomatoes (I buy the roasted variety)
- 1- 10 oz can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1 ½ tsp. Minced Garlic
- ½ of one Onion (chopped)
- 1 Jalapeno (with seeds removed) *You could swap for an Anaheim Pepper if you prefer mild heat. This recipe is medium.
- ½ cup Cilantro
- ¼ tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- Juice from ½ of one lime
- Place the Garlic, Onion, and Jalapeno into your blender pitcher.
- Next, add the two cans of tomatoes.
- After that, you want to add your honey, salt, cilantro leaves and half of the juice from the lime (it can get a strong lime taste very quickly). You can always add more lime as needed after blending.
- Finally, you blend everything together. Usually, a good 30 seconds is good but you can blend until you reach your desired consistency. I find it easier to serve to the kids when it is well blended and they can’t tell which veggies they are eating- ha!
Amber’s Best-Ever Authentic Guacamole Recipe
- 3 Ripe Avocados
- ½ a small Onion (diced)
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 3 TBSP Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 TBSP Deli-Style Tamed Jalapeno Slices (chopped)
- 1 tsp Garlic (minced)
- ½ tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- Slice avocados in half and remove the pits. Be sure to save the pits by reserving them on the side.
- Then add avocado flesh to a medium mixing bowl.
- Mash avocado with a fork until you reach your desired consistency. We like it a bit chunky.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Place the washed avocado pits back onto the top of the guacamole and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill then enjoy!
Does your family love taco night?