Disney Cruise San Diego? Yes, The Disney Cruise is coming back to San Diego in 2019. Yes, the Disney Cruise visits San Diego pretty much every year, but usually, it is just for a week or two with very limited itineraries. In 2019, however, Disney Cruise Line will be expanding it’s offering with 3 months of cruising out of San Diego and will be offering some great new itineraries. Find out why we are SO excited about Disney Cruise San Diego below.
4 Amazing things about the Disney Cruise San Diego
1) Itineraries, Itineraries, Itineraries !
The Disney Cruise San Diego dates begin in March of 2019 and continue through May 2019! This means that you and your family can hop aboard during Spring break and not have to worry about taking the kids out of school. In addition, they will have multiple itineraries to suit your families needs.
- 7 Night Cruise visits Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, & Mazatlan – Sail Dates are 4/21, 4/28 & 5/5 – 2019
- 5 Night Cruise visits Cabo San Lucas & Ensenada with two days at Sea – Sail Dates are 3/10, 3/15, 3/24, 3/29, 4/7, 4/14 – 2019
- 4 Night Cruise visits Cabo San Lucas with 2 days at Sea – Sail Dates are 3/20, 4/3 – 2019
- 3 Night Cruise visits Ensenada with 1 day at Sea – Sail Date – 5/12/19
- 2 Night Cruise visits Ensenada – Sail Date – 4/12, 4/19 – 2019
2.The cruise will be aboard the newly revamped Disney Wonder.
The Disney Wonder was recently revamped has some incredible new features including Frozen, a Music Spectacular Show, playing in the Walt Disney Theater. In addition, they have added Tiana’s Place, where you can enjoy some delicious dishes inspired by New Orlean’s French Quarter. The cruise also now has the aqua lab with the twist n shout slide. It was my 4-year old’s favorite thing to do on the ship (adults can go down it too!) If you have superhero fans, the Marvel Academy is now inside of the Disney Wonder. This was my son Shea’s absolute favorite thing to do onboard the Disney Magic. The kids get to train with Spiderman, Black Widow & Captain America. Also, inside the Oceaneer’s club is Frozen‘s Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post — filled with digital appearances of Oaken through a steamy window.
* Olivia loved the twist n spout slide (and the unlimited Ice Cream!)
3. Cheaper Fares
Normally, the Disney Cruises out of San Diego are super expensive in my opinion. It is often cheaper for my family to fly to Orlando and sail out of Port Canaveral then to drive an hour south and board a Disney Cruise in San Diego. This is, as my econ professor in college would say, a supply and demand issue and since there used to be only a week or two of sailings from San Diego, the demand would send prices sky high. Now, with more itineraries prices should be more steady, closer to the usual Disney Cruise price. Looking for more ways to score cheap Disney Cruise San Diego fares? Check out my article on how we saved $2,500 on our last Disney Cruise
*Pro Tip- Kids can order Mickey Ice Cream Bars for dessert during dinner time (adults can too)!
**Bonus Tip for Seasoned Disney Cruisers- if you are a Castaway Club Member you can take advantage of special advance booking options before the general public. See here for details.
4. Possible Star Wars/ Marvel Day at Sea – Not Yet Confirmed
Not yet confirmed, but there have been some rumors that Disney Cruise San Diego will be adding a Star Wars or Marvel day at Sea in 2019! Star Wars sailings have some pretty spectacular events, like the train to be a Jedi. Plus, your favorite Star Wars characters, Chewbacca, R2-D2, & Darth Vader will be spotted all over the ship. There is also a shipwide scavenger hunt! And, Marvel Day at Sea has an awesome superhero stunt show too. Fingers crossed that these special cruises appear in San Diego as they are sure to be a blast!
Will you soon be sailing on a Disney Cruise? San Diego is calling your name.
Pin for Later-
Looking for more info? Click here for all my articles on the Disney Cruise!
- 25 Amazing Spring Break Ideas for Families You’ll Love! - November 24, 2023
- 35 Amazing Things To Do in Anaheim Beyond Disneyland - November 22, 2023
- 41 Awesome Matching Disney Family Shirts [+ Weird Ones!] - November 18, 2023