Thank you, Walmart for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions, as always, are 100% my own. Save money by stocking up at the NEWEST Walmart Supercenter near Disney World! It is no secret that a Disney vacation costs a pretty penny. However, seasoned Disney vacationers like ourselves have a few tricks up our sleeve to help us save both time and money. One of the best ways to do this is by stopping by the Walmart near Disney World to stock up on essentials before heading to your hotel. *BONUS- the new Walmart offers pharmacy services, an on-site gas station, and online grocery pick up so you never even have to get out of your car!
The BEST Grocery Store Near Disney World + Walt Disney World Budget Guide Checklist & WDW Packing List
5 Reasons the NEW Walmart Supercenter is our Top Choice!
Who needs that expensive grocery delivery Disney World forums talk about when you have a brand NEW Walmart opening just minutes from the Disney World Resort? The NEW Walmart Supercenter located at Old Lake Wilson & Hwy 192 is opening on December 13th, and it will be the ULTIMATE place to shop for groceries near Disney World. Plus, it offers a multitude of helpful services to traveling families such as a registered certified pharmacist and pharmacy, an on-site gas station, online grocery pick up, and they even sell Disney World tickets and Disney® licensed merchandise so you can save money on souvenirs too! And, they are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Talk about convenience! Read on to find out why this NEW Walmart Supercenter is our top choice for grocery stores near Disney World Resort.
1. Great Prices
Walmart is known for their every day low prices, making this a budget-friendly stop. But, Walmart isn’t just great for your wallet, it is also stocked with tons of fresh, healthy food. At the Walmart Supercenter, you can find a large selection of fresh organics, crisp greens, and other premium products, plus the finest cuts of USDA choice meats & deli selections. They even have an in-store bakery that offers freshly baked bread, personalized cakes, and single-serve items. With such a great selection, you can easily pick up what you need to prepare meals at your resort and pack lunches and snacks, which again ends up saving you tons of cash. *Pro Tip- don’t forget to grab bottled water!
Walmart also offers much more than groceries with over 30 merchandise departments like apparel and accessories, a lawn and garden center, health and beauty aids, and an electronics department.
2. Online Grocery Pick Up
You are on vacation so of course, you don’t want to waste any time. Walmart has you covered here too! With Online Grocery Pickup, you can order your groceries online and pick them up without ever having to get out of your car! A Walmart personal shopper loads the groceries into your vehicle upon arrival – all at no additional cost. Pretty sweet, right?
For added convenience, you can also pick up items you order online right from the Pickup tower. Simply place your order online, go to the store, scan your phone or enter your receipt number and then retrieve your items right from the Pickup tower.
Being sick on vacation is never fun, but it certainly can be a lot easier with a nearby pharmacy. At Walmart, the pharmacy and registered pharmacist will take care of all of your prescription and over the counter medication needs, plus there’s a drive-thru for ease and convenience. Walmart’s pharmacists are also ready to assist you with immunizations and other health services you may require. You can even transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app. That way you are on the mend and back to having fun in no time!
4. Open 24/ 7
Whether you need to grab diapers, medicine, or a pint of ice cream (no judgment here), Walmart has your back. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
5. Fuel Station
I love how convenient this new Walmart Supercenter is for guests traveling to Disney World. Not only can you grab groceries, buy Disney tickets, stock up on fun Disney® licensed merchandise, but you can also fill up your tank at their fuel station too!
6. Disney World tickets and Disney® licensed merchandise
Yes! You can actually save even more time and purchase your Disney World Tickets right at Walmart. While you are there stock up on the Disney® licensed merchandise too! We find Walmart to have a large selection of Disney® licensed clothes, toys, and souvenirs, and much better prices than the parks.
Join the Grand Opening celebrations scheduled for Saturday, December 16th 11 am-6 pm,
and Sunday, December 17th 12 pm- 6 pm.
There will be activities for the entire family, along with free food samples and giveaways while supplies last.
Pin It for Later-
No Car? Use Uber
Even if you don’t have a vehicle while you are at Disney World, you can still pick up groceries easily and stay within your budget by utilizing Uber. Uber is a ride share app that allows you to call a car right from your smartphone. Your driver will pick you up at your resort, take you to your grocery store of choice, wait for you while you shop (make sure you have a list prepared so you don’t waste any time), and your driver will return you (and your groceries) back to your Disney World Resort hotel. New to Uber? Try it and Save $15 on your first ride using this link.
Disney Grocery Delivery
In-Room Grocery Delivery for Disney Vacation Club Members staying at a DVC Resort is another option available. The service is fairly priced, it only costs $10, but the selection is limited and prices are higher than you can get elsewhere. This is a good option if you only forgot a few items on your Disney World Packing List but don’t want to waste any valuable vacay time.
Walt Disney World Budget Guide Checklist
We’ve compiled a checklist to help you get the most bang for your buck on your Walt Disney World vacation. Try a few of our money saving Disney World tips or try them all.
- Stock Up On Meals & Snacks at Walmart- One of our favorite things to do is grab breakfast items from Walmart because we love getting to the parks early. Some great quick options for breakfast are cereal & milk, protein bars, bagels with cream cheese or peanut butter, oatmeal, and waffles. We also always buy & pack snacks from Walmart because Disney World can be exhausting and we don’t need anyone getting hangry. Things like trail mix, granola bars, yogurt pouches, and fresh fruit keep everyone in a stable mood. Plus, we can save our money and splurge on a fun treat instead of a $6 Mickey Pretzel (with 5 kids that adds up quick!)
- Plan Your Visit During Off-Peak Times- You can save a ton just by booking your vacation during low season. We love planning our trips in early spring (Feb- March) or during the fall (after Labor Day- Thanksgiving). By traveling during low season you will save money on your accommodations, airfare, and there are always better offers on theme park tickets and dining packages too!
- Use a Travel Agent – We used to be of the mindest that a travel agent would be more expensive. That was until we booked a vacation with the help of Tink’s Magical Vacations. If you need help planning and booking your magical Walt Disney World vacation, contact our friends at Tink’s Magical Vacations. They are truly Disney Experts, and not only are their services FREE, but they will save you both time and money.
- Rent DVC Points and Stay On-Property in a Villa- Another great way to save money and stay in a more spacious room with a kitchen is to stay in a Disney Vacation Club Villa. Not a member? No problem you can easily rent DVC points as well. You can read more about that here in my article on how we save 50% on Disney Resorts.
- Skip The Park Hopper Tickets- Hoppers are nice, but if you want to save some money (and energy) purchase single park tickets from Walmart. Trust me you cannot get through more than one park in a day anyway.
- Grab a Character Lunch- I always recommend at least one character meal when you visit Disney World. Your kids will have so much fun that it is worth every penny. However, we have a trick that saves us a little money and provides us with a better character experience. Skip breakfast and dinner and book a Character Lunch! Lunch is often cheaper than both other meal times and it is less crowded so your kids actually get more time with the characters.
- Order A La Carte- What many guests do not realize is that you can actually order many of your favorite Disney food items a la carte and save a ton of money doing so. The items are not listed on the menu so you will have to ask for them. One example is the cheeseburger pods in Pandora. The meal will cost you $10+ but the pods a la carte are about $4.
- Buy Souvenirs at Walmart- the new Walmart Supercenter has a large selection of Disney® licensed clothes, toys, and souvenirs all for less than you will find in the parks.
- Check Out the S’more Roast/Sing-Along with Chip and Dale at Camp Wilderness (the most inexpensive character experience)- grab s’mores supplies when you shop at Walmart or purchase a kit from the Chuckwagon Snack Bar and join in the campfire fun with the adorable Chip & Dale. You knock out a cheap (yet super delicious) dessert and a character experience all in one!
Walt Disney World Packing List
Print our free Disney World Packing List (works great for Disneyland too) and make sure you pack everything that you need to have a fun, sstress-freeday at the parks.
Pin it for Later-
What are your favorite ways to save money at Walt Disney World?
You may also be interested in these Disney World posts-