It’s funny… I never considered myself a Disney fanatic or a Disney Pro. Until friends began approaching me to help them plan their Disney World Vacations. Turns out my 25+ visits to Disney World + a few inside Disney World tips from my Imagineer dad qualified me to help families make the best of their Disney World Vacations. So, in order to help out, even more, people I decided to put together a list of all my best tips, tricks, and a few Disney World secrets. I hope you enjoy!!
In order to save you time and keep things organized, I have divided the tips up by the Walt Disney World parks. Read through them or skip to the areas that you are interested in. And, don’t forget to leave me a comment and tell me what you think 🙂
Money-Saving Tips at Disney World
Let’s start out with probably the most important tip, saving money. Any trip to Disney World can get costly, so we have some tips on how to save you some serious money. on your vacation.
Disney Resorts – Money-Saving Tips on Resort Reservations
Staying onsite at one of the Disney Resorts is probably my favorite thing in the world. I have stayed at both onsite and offsite hotels, and there is just something magical about staying on site. I think it’s that the Disney service, decorations, begins the moment you wake up and continues throughout the day.
Now, staying at a Disney Resort can be costly, luckily we have a few tricks up our sleeve to help you out.
Save up to 50% OFF Your Disney Hotel Stay
Disney Vacation Club RENTALS –
One of my favorite tips for visiting Disney World is DVC Rentals. Disney Vacation Club is a Disney timeshare that offers stays at their deluxe resorts. However, you don’t have to be a member to reap the benefits. Members are allowed to book resort stays for their guests.
There are several sites that allow you to “rent” points from a member. This can save you a considerable amount of money if you are planning to stay on property. Our favorite DVC Rental site is the David’s Vacation Club Rentals.
Before we had Disney Vacation Club, we used DVC Rentals. We booked a studio at Beach Club Villas for $184 a night and the regular price was over $420 – See how much you could save by renting points by clicking here or clicking the banner below. You can check out my full review of the DVC rental here!
Use a Travel Agent for traditional Room Reservations!
We are not travel agents, but we do know some amazing ones. Tink’s Magical Vacations is who we use for all of our Disney Vacations. Not only are their services completely FREE, but usually they save you money + they will also guide you with booking dining reservations and Disney Fastpasses and so much more. They save you time and money and they know Disney better than we do…… and we have been a lot of times. But, don’t just take our word for it, check out all of their guest testimonials. They truly are the best!
Visit Disney Often? – Save 50%-70% OFF Purchasing a Disney Vacation Club –
We were lucky enough to make the decision to purchase a Disney Vacation Club when we went to Disney World our first time and it has helped us afford to visit Disney World every year after (sometimes multiple times a year).
When you own a Disney Vacation Club you literally save 50-70% off rooms. It is probably the best purchase we ever made. We have stayed in a room at the beach club which goes for about $350 -$500 a night for as little as $80 (You can check out if Disney Vacation Club is worth it for you on my post here)
When we purchased our first Disney Vacation Club, we went directly through Disney. Afterward, we found out about the Disney Vacation Club resale. There you can purchase another person’s Disney Vacation Club at a fraction of the price versus if you purchased directly through Disney. We have always done resale ever since because you will save a ton of money, up to 50% off the purchase of a new membership from Disney. The people we like to use are dvcsales.com The owners Lori & Mark are super knowledgable. They were Disney Vacation Club salespeople for Disney for 25 years before starting their own resale business and can answer any and all questions about the Disney Vacation Club. You can check all their listings available for sale here!
Disney Money-Saving Tips in the Parks
Purchase Discounted Tickets
Rent a stroller from an offsite vendor:
Don’t want to pack that big stroller on your trip, save some serious dough by renting from an offsite stroller company. There are two offsite stroller companies that we recommend and they will save you up to 65% off.
Kingdom Strollers has been around for over 20 years and they will save you a ton of money plus they deliver the stroller to your hotel or Airbnb! You simply place your order and then meet them at your hotel at one of their 5 daily meetup times and grab your stroller. It couldn’t be any easier Check em out here!
**Update** Now Kingdom Strollers is available for pickup and drop off at their onsite location at the Orlando Airport. Simply hop off your flight, head to their location at Terminal A and pick it up.
Main Street Strollers is another great option to rent a stroller. They have a wide variety of stroller options and will meet you at your hotel or airbnb to deliver the stroller. Check out Main St. Strollers Here!
Save Thousands of Dollars on a VIP Tour
Disney World VIP Tours are the ultimate way to visit Disney World. It is basically an unlimited Fastpass provided by a top-notch guide. That being said, it can be very expensive with prices at $426-$600 an hour for up to 10 people and a minimum of 7 hours. So you are looking at $2900-$4200 + park tickets for 7 hours of fun.
You can enjoy all those same benefits with an offsite vendor and save thousands of dollars. We highly recommend Magic VIP Tours, they provide all the amazing services that a Disney VIP Tour include unlimited fast passes, super informative guides at a fraction of the cost. You can get a tour for over 50% off with Magic VIP Tour.
We booked a 7 hour tour that would have cost $4,200 through Disney and the price was $1,253 with Magic VIP Tours. Once you do one of these tours they become quite addictive so be prepared. Check out all the perks of Magic VIP Tours here! Right now Magic VIP tours is giving our readers a great discount, mention Global Munchkins when you book and you will get an additional $150 Off a Tour!
We have gone on both the Disney VIP tour and Magic VIP Tour. Honestly, we enjoyed Magic VIP tours more, you can check out my full comparison here.
Adults can order kids meals at Disney
Whether you are health conscious or trying to stay on budget ordering off the kid’s meal can be a great choice. There are a number of healthy options available and the portion sizes were just right for me.
Need a Mobility Scooter – Save Hundreds of Dollars on Rentals
Disney World charges $50 a day for a fancy-schmancy electric scooter, you can get a scooter for as little as $15 a day with Florida Mobility Rentals
Memory Maker – PhotoPass Plan
Disney has professional photographers throughout the park ready to capture your special moments. They will give you a photo pass or link your magic band so you can view the photos on the Disney Experience app or website at a later time.
- Money Savings Pro Tip- Did you know these photographers will also take a photo of you using your camera or phone? Pretty cool right & it’s FREE?
- Another Pro Tip- If you can afford it, the Memory Maker is an AMAZING tool!!! It tracks the photos you take on the rides, while meeting characters and any photo you take with a Disney Photo Pass Photographer. The photos come directly to your My Disney Experience app or can be viewed online almost instantly. From there you can download the photos to keep with just one click! There is an additional fee but with all the special photo memories we brought back I would say it’s totally worth the cost. I won’t even bring my big camera next time we go.
Here are some of the moments our Photo Pass captured.
Bring your own snacks into the parks-
check out our Disney Packing List + the learn about our FAVORITE Grocery Store near Disney World here (*you don’t even have to leave your car if you use their online ordering).
Bonus Tips for visiting Walt Disney World
Pack a strong but compact umbrella –
It rains in Florida…a lot! Let me tell you something. I have done every type of umbrella/poncho. I packed the giant ones but they were a pain to take on the planes and the Disney buses. Also, I did the cheap ones from Disney (cheap made, not price) that broke after a few days. The best umbrella to pack is this one from amazon.com. I have had it for years and every time I use it, whether its to block the sun or the rain.
- Chewing Gum- if you like gum pack it, none is sold in the parks.
Time Saving Tips – More time for fun rides!
Order your Personalized Magic Bands and book Disney’s Magical Express ASAP (Disney Resort Guests Only)-
Your magic bands and luggage tags need ample time to arrive before you leave. Your magic band will be your most prized possession. It is your room key, park ticket, payment method, photo pass, memory maker tag & more! Magical Express luggage tags mean you won’t even have to go to baggage claim when you arrive- SCORE! (Check out 13 Amazing things Disney Magic Bands Can do)
Download the My Disney Experience App it’s AMAZING!-
The app is available here. And, it links your reservations, lets you search ride wait times, book dining reservations, purchase souvenirs and send them to your room or mail them home and it’s linked to your photo pass!!!
**Disney World 2020 Tip & Trick**
Use the My Disney Experience App to get your boarding time for Rise of the Resistance. Arrive 30 Minutes before the park opens and once you enter the park request a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance! For all of my Hollywood Studios Fast Pass Tips – Check them Out Here!
Stay away from the EXTRA Magic Hours Parks-
The parks with Extra Magic Hours for Disney Hotel Guests tend to be the busiest the entire day. If it is an early morning magic hour and you are staying at one of the Disney resorts you can take advantage of the early morning and get out because it gets packed, however, if you oversleep and don’t make it to the early entry, change plans and go to a different park.
Update – Unless it is the 6 am Magic Hour – Beginning September 1st you can enter Hollywood Studios at 6am to check out the new Star War’s Galaxy’s Edge. The 6am (despite being brutal to actually wake up) is quite amazing. We decided to visit Hollywood Studios but skip Star Wars Land and ride everything else.
By 8:30 am we rode every attraction in the park and some multiple times like Slinky Dog Coaster. Head to Toy Story Land first, there will be no one there and then hit up the rest of the park. Trust me.
Visit the Next Day after Extra Magic Hours Evening
On the same note, if a park has an Extra Magic Evening, visit that park on the next day because a ton of guests were just there late into the night so the morning should be a lot quieter.
How to Book a 4th Fast Pass!
After you scan your Magic Band for your third FastPass of the day go on your My Disney Experience app and select your next FastPass. You can continue to do this until there are no more FastPasses available or the park closes. Remember you can always adjust the time of your selection once you reserve it.
Single Rider Line
Single Rider Lines are usually half the wait sometimes even more. Test Track, Expedition Everest, and Rock N Rollercoaster all have a separate line for single riders.
Riders Switch Pass
Have little ones that can’t or don’t want to ride? Have one parent and said child wait outside while the rest of the party walks through the queue as normal. Then let a cast member know you are doing Rider Switch. They will give you a Rider Switch Pass (like a Fast Pass). You simply enjoy the attraction as normal and exit. Then, you hand the person waiting with the child outside the Rider Switch Pass and they go through the fast pass line with up to 2 additional riders. This way everyone gets to ride and you DON’T have to wait in line twice!!
Mobile Food Ordering
One of my favorite Disney World tricks is not waiting in line for food. Nothing is worse than being hungry and then having to wait in line. Lucky for you, Disney has rolled out Mobile Food Ordering directly from the My Disney Experience App. Simply place your order, head to a specially marked window and pick up your yummy food.
Make all of your dining reservations 6 months in advance
There is nothing worse than being starving in Disney World with no reservation plans (trust me, I know) You end up eating food you didn’t want to after waiting in a long line or trying to stop by 5 places that are already booked. You can make reservations on the My Disney Experience App, online here or by calling (407) WDW-DINE.
*Bonus tip – Check out availability one day before reservations because people have to cancel 24 hours before their booking
Disney World Tips – While at the Resorts
Buy the refillable drink mug the first day you arrive-
Great for morning coffee, sodas, tea and hot cocoa at night! Plus, a fun souvenir to take home. I think this is my kids favorite Disney World Tip because they remind me to get the mug the moment we arrive. See below.
If you love popcorn, snag the refillable popcorn bucket on the first day too!
A souvenir popcorn bucket costs $10-$17 but once you have it refills are only $1.50, so you can enjoy a tasty snack for under $2
Plan Extra Time for Disney Transportation-
Plan more time than you think you need if using Disney Transportation. It is a great way to get around but buses only come every 20 minutes or so and sometimes they have multiple stops.
Sign up for a Character wake-up call (It’s FREE!)
You receive a phone call in the morning from a Disney character and the kids will love it!
Souvenir Room Delivery- (FREE!)
You can have souvenirs delivered straight to your room from any Disney park. This way you don’t have to carry them around all day! You can also order items straight from the My Disney Experience app and have them delivered to your room or items can also be mailed home directly.
Our Disney Resort Faves!
- Best Food: Kona Cafe (Polynesian), Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge), California Grill (Contemporary) & Sanaa (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
- Best Character Dining: Chef Mickey’s (Contemporary), Cape May Cafe (Beach Club), O’hana (Polynesian Breakfast Only)
- Best Themed Dining- Beaches N Cream (Beach Club), Perfectly Princess Tea (Grand Floridian) & Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge)
- Best Concierge- Animal Kingdom Lodge – Check Prices Here!
- Best Overall Resort- The Yacht & Beach Club & Beach Club Villas – Check Hotel Prices Here!
- Best Pools- Yacht & Beach Club + Animal Kingdom Lodge (Kidani Village) its a tie for me!
- BONUS- Don’t forget to grab groceries on your way in too! Disney will place a mini fridge in your room + DVC villas have a fridge in them already. Read why Walmart is our grocer of choice near Disney World here.
Magic Kingdom Tips
How to Avoid the Crowds-
- Work the park from the back to the front and counterclockwise to avoid the crowds.
- Also, plan to ride the big rides when others are watching the parades. I usually head to Frontierland where Big Thunder is and start working my way back through the park from there.
- In the midday when the park is packed rides/shows like Mickey’s Philharmagic & Monster’s Laugh Floor still have small waits.
- Check out my Magic Kingdom Fastpass Suggestions Here!)
Tricks to Stay Cool on those Hot Florida Days
Most of the year it’s pretty darn hot. Magic Kingdom Park has some awesome spots to cool off in that will help make your day much better. Try checking out:
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor
- Country Bear Jamboree
- The Hall of Presidents
- Haunted Mansion
- Small World
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Pirate’s of the Caribbean
- Under the Sea- Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
*And, honestly if it is just too hot head over to the Walt Disney World Water Parks.
- For the Littles while Big Kids are on Big Thunder or Splash Mountain:
Splash Mountain has a great playground located at the exit, underneath the train tracks you see below.
Watch Fireworks with NO CROWDS!-
This is one of my best Disney World TIps. You can view the fireworks from the Dumbo ride in Toon Town if you want to skip/ avoid the crowds. It is still a great view. While most people go in front of Cinderella’s Castle you can relax behind the castle with a great view minus the crowds right in front of Dumbo. Check out the picture below. It was taken in the middle of summer which is a Peak Season for Disney!
Watch the parade at the second viewing time when possible. It is less crowded bc every one goes to the first one.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table– an amazing princess character dining restaurant. Little girls will feel like a real princess as you eat inside the castle!
- Columbia Harbor House is a great option for lunch located near the Liberty Bell in Frontierland. With two stories there is always an indoor table available and the food is good too.
- Be Our Guest has the best food in the park and the kids will love the way the waiters deliver the food straight to your table with a fancy food cart thanks to your magic rose locater.
- Dole Whip is available in multiple locations in Adventureland. One across from the Swiss Family Treehouse and the other by the Magic Carpet Ride.
- Gaston’s Tavern has the amazing HUGE cinnamon rolls that used to be on Main Street. YUMMY!!!
- Check out my top 7 guide to Quick Service Dining at Magic Kingdom & Magic Kingdom Fastpass! Tips and tricks to help you choose the Best Rides
Epcot Tips & Tricks
The front of the park is GREAT for Hot Days!
- Innoventions are full of hands-on educational games and simulators for the kids. The attraction is all indoors and air-conditioned.
- Most rides are located inside air-conditioned buildings that are filled with smaller attractions as well. Giving you a much-needed break from the heat.
- There is a playground inside Mission Space’s exit that kids love.
- Check out all the cars inside the exit of Test Track. Kids love pretending to drive them.
Sorry to burst your bubble but this ride is nothing special and EVERYONE goes there first. So, head to the back of Future World to Test Track and Mission Space and save Spaceship Earth for later in the day. We also love Soarin’ over the world.
There are several shows and rides that offer Fastpass. I have a complete guide to planning your Epcot Fastpass here
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends is a great ride for kids and usually a quick queue.
- Turtle Talk with Crush is super fun and it’s located indoors along with a giant aquarium offering ample time indoors.
- Spaceship Earth is slow moving and if you go later in the day the queue isn’t bad.
- Gran Fiesta Tour- boat ride with Donald in Mexico. Our kids love it!
- Plus, Frozen Ever After located in Norway!!!!
- Pro Tip! Head to Frozen Ever After Ride in the morning, not many people head to the World Showcase in the morning so the line for Frozen is usually short (or at least reasonable) during that time.
- Want to see the princesses? Book breakfast at Akerhaus in Norway and you’ll see a bunch. Book the breakfast before the park opens to be one of the first allowed in the parks 😉
- You will also find princesses throughout the worlds of Epcot
- Unique Characters – Mary Poppins is often seen in England and the Three Caballeros are found in Mexico, check the daily Disney Park Guide for their location and times.
Kids love coloring the Duffy Bears (free) at the Kidcot Fun Stops in the World Showcase. You can start in any country and the kids get their bear and first stamp. The kids continue collecting stamps in each country they visit!
- Pro Tip- kids can also ask cast members in each country to write their name in the cast members native language on the back of their Duffy Bear.
Explore Epcot by being a Phineas & Ferb detective
Kids love racing around Epcot with special phones on a detailed detective mission to save agent P. Their phones unlock special animated features throughout the park!
Epcot Food Tips-
- Spiked Dole Whip! they spiked the delicious favorite with coconut rum. Get one… it will make your day SO much better!!
- Snack on a Croissant Donut available at a stand near Canada in the World Showcase.
- The Jambon sandwich from France is a great lunch, actually it is our favorite, it’s amazing.
- Grab an ice cream or a Macaroon Ice Cream Sandwich or just some delicious Macaroons. All found in France.
- Italy has the BEST latte.
- Le Cellier has fantastic food if you are looking for a gourmet dining experience
- Coral Reef is an incredible experience as you dine inside an aquarium.
- Teppan Edo restaurant in Japan is a fun experience for the kids and delicious too!
- Spice Road Table is a delicious tapas restaurant with a view of illuminations at night.
- Schedule dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel to coincide with illuminations show and request for a table by the window. Their tacos and margaritas are fantastic!
- Check out my tips on the Best Epcot Quick Service Dining Guide Here!
- Pro Tip- there is a back exit that drops you into Boardwalk which is a great place to walk around, grab a bite (we like picking up a whole pizza pie from the walk-up window) or watch the night time entertainment. You can also walk or take a boat to Hollywood Studios from here. Just make sure if you parked at Epcot you get back to that park before closing.
Disney Animal Kingdom Tips
- Pandora opened in May of 2017 and has been quite popular ever since. The Flight of Passage ride is my absolute favorite ride in all the Disney Parks. The only problem, long lines. So, if you haven’t pre-booked your fast pass for the flight of passage, arrive at the park about 30 minutes to an hour before and head straight there. Please check out my insider’s guide to Pandora, it has tips you need to know before you go.
You can make your kids GLOW in Pandora at night! It’s Super Fun!
- If you are heading to Pandora at night, you can make your family glow. They do not sell this in the park, so what you do is grab this glow paint from Amazon and paint your kids face before you head in the parks. It is amazing!
Go on the Morning Safari
Instead of right at the rope drop heading to Pandora, where everyone else is going, walk right on to the safari. You can usually walk right on and their are so many more animals then normal. Because they are just being fed so many are out.
There is a second entrance at the back of the Rain Forest Cafe Gift Shop if the front entrance is crowded.
- FastPass Scheduling
Schedule a FastPass for Flight of Passage, Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids. My complete guide to Animal Kingdom FastPass Here
- This park is a great place to meet characters as it typically has much shorter wait times than the other parks.
- Most are located at Discovery Island
- You can also catch the characters by arriving early and heading to the Tree of Life. The characters arrive by car to kick off the day.
- Or book a character breakfast at the Tusker House and see them there.
- Pro Tip- book it before the park opens so you can be one of the first in the park!
Animal Kingdom – Food Recommendations
- My favorite restaurant in all of the parks is at Yak & Yeti. It is incredible.
- Find some great cocktails at the Dawa Bar
- Satu’li Canteen – my kids love this place for the cheeseburger pods, my husband loves the chicken plates.
- Harambe Market has excellent lunch. I love their Chicken Tikka Masala!
- Grab Samosas from the food cart at the entrance of Africa.
- Waffles and Ice Cream are tasty from Tamu Tamu.
- Plan to get wet, really wet if you are riding Kali River Rapids. Plan to pack ponchos and spare clothing as necessary.
- The Lion King Show is awesome- very entertaining and is in a giant air-conditioned theater.
- It’s Tough to be a Bug is also a great show to cool off in.
Disney World Recommendations – Hollywood Studios
Getting to Hollywood Studios
The Disney buses will take you from any of the Disney resort hotels with the exception of Disney’s Yacht Club, Disney’s Beach Club, & Disney’s Boardwalk Hotels where you can take a boat or simply walk. There is also the new sky way which will take you from the new Riviera Hotel and Port Orleans.
Head to Star Tours, Tower of Terror or Toy Story Mania first if you are at the park early as everyone else will run to Slinky Ride Tower and Rockin Roller Coaster. Get fast passes for those!
Rides/Shows to Cool Off-
- Indiana Jones Stunt Show
- Star Tours – the line is mainly indoors or in lots of shade
- Muppet Vision 3D
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Little Mermaid
Jedi Training Academy-
Does your little one want to learn to be a Jedi? If yes, then you better get to the parks early.
- Although, the website says registration begins when the park opens I have found that they begin letting people in about 30 minutes prior to that time.
- Registration is located at the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost near the entrance of the stunt show. If you are walking into the park it will be on your left.
- All participants MUST be present to register.
- Participants must be 4-12 years of age
- Space is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis
Star Wars Launch Bay-
make sure to stop by and give Chewbacca a big hug. Plus, you can also meet Kylo Ren too!
Disney Pro Tip-
The Jawas will trade you. So, bring something that you don’t mind giving away and you’ll get a fun star wars trinket in exchange!
Rockin Roller Coaster & Tower of Terror Line Tips-
When the line merges into a smaller room go towards the wall with a door. When it opens you will be closer to the front of the line.
Toy Story Land Tips! –
The New Toy Story land is here and the area will be packed for the foreseeable future. However, head over to Toy Story Land at night and you can hit up all three rides in less than 90 Minutes. Check out all our Hollywood Studios Fastpass Tips Here!
Hollywood Studios Food Tips-
- On the dining plan? Mama Rose’s Fantasmic package is included on the dining plan and your meal includes a fast pass for Fantasmic!
- The Brown Derby has the best food in the park in my opinion.
- Pro Tip- they also have a bar called the Brown Derby Lounge where you can grab amazing cocktails and appetizers too!
- 50’s Prime Time Cafe is a hoot especially with tweens as they get bossed around by the funny wait staff. Think “elbows off the table” “eat your veggies” type stuff.
- Hollywood & Vine has character dining with the Disney Jr. Characters. It’s best to book prior to park opening to be allowed in the park early or book lunch because it’s a great place to cool down and relax.
Don’t stress too much about seating because it’s located in a huge stadium and most seats are pretty great. If there are two shows opt for the second. Most will go to the first and you can ride the big rides at that time with very little wait. Plus, because the shows are back to back you won’t wait as long to sit down either.
- Pro Tip– Watch out because if you sit in the first five rows you will get misted and splashed throughout the show.
Star Wars – Galaxy Edge!
Galaxy Edge is finally here! This land is a completely immersive experience that takes you to Batuu where the first order is battling against the resistance. Here are some of our best tips for Star Wars Galaxy Edge
Galaxy Edge Tips
- Make Reservations Early! You can make reservations up to 180 days in advance for Oga’s Cantina and Building a Lightsaber.
- Be ready to be completely immersed in the land. Every cast member plays a role and rarely breaks character so you truly feel like you are part of Star Wars. It is a really unique experience
- Interact with the stormtroopers, they are very funny and make the experience that much better
- Visit and interact with a full-size R2-D2 inside the droid depot, our daughter absolutely loved it.
- Request to be the Pilot for Millenium Falcon Ride, it is so much better than any of the other positions on the rides, but be prepared to fly the falcon
Check out the Disneyland version of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge below!
- One of the rides (Rise of the Resistance) will not be open at the Grand Opening, so if you want to wait till both rides are open. The Rise of the Resistance opens in December for Disney World and January for Disneyland.
- Use Mobile Order Dining to order any food, as lines will be long for food as well.
- Visit the land towards the end of the day. This area will be packed non-stop but at around the closing time it will be less packed as people head home to get some shut-eye
- Lastly, just take it easy, it might be hard with everyone rushing to Star Wars Land, but take it easy and enjoy the area.
Disney World Dining Tips
Like I said earlier, you can book reservations 180 days in advance, some restaurants are easier to book than others, here are the restaurants that you should book the as soon as possible as they book up quick.
- Cinderella’s Table
- 1900 Park Fare
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- California Grill
- Chef Mickey’s
Here are some of my favorite restaurants that I highly recommend visiting while at Disney World:
Animal Kingdom: Yak & Yeti
Magic Kingdom: Be Our Guest or Skipper’s Canteen
Epcot: Chefs De France – Also check out Spice Road Table around 7:30 and you’ll have an amazing view for Fireworks
Hollywood Studios: Brown Derby
Disney Springs: Morimoto, Frontera Cocina
What to Know before going to Disney World
How to Save your Feet & Legs:
You are going to do a lot of walking. First off, get some comfortable shoes, (we have a list of our favorites here). Second, when you are done with a day of Disney, lie down on your bed backward and put your feet up on the headboard for about 15 minutes. (trust me, it will make your legs feel so much better)
Take it Slow
Yes, I know, you are at Disney World, you have got to try to see as many things as possible but after my many many visits, I have realized the times we have had the most fun is when we take it nice and slow. We still get on pretty much the same amount of rides, except everyone has a much better time. If you miss one ride or a princess greeting, don’t worry enjoy the time. It truly is a great place to be.
Best Ways to Enjoy Your Disney World Vacation- Hire a Professional (FOR FREE!)
Planning a Disney Vacation is, in my opinion, one of the hardest trips to book, especially if it is your first time. Heck, I’ve been over 30 times and it’s still quite a challenge for me. Between planning the fast passes, ordering the magic bands, booking advanced dining reservations, figuring out how to get to the parks, it’s just A LOT!
One of my best Disney World tips is to save yourself a lot of time and some money by booking with an authorized Disney Vacation Planner.
The best Disney Travel Agents will do an assortment of things for you that will make your trip so much easier. For example, Tink’s Magical Vacations will provide:
How Disney Certified Travel Agents Help
- Itinerary Planning
- Fast Pass Recommendations w/ Height Requirement info
- Give you recommendations on which Dining Plan is best as well as what type of Theme Park tickets are best for you and your family.
- Remind you of your Advanced Dining Reservation (so you don’t miss it and get charged $10 per person for a no show… that’s not fun)
- Even more Disney World Tips then we provided here!
- Video Tutorials on how to use My Disney Experience App & Personalizing Magic Bands
- Plus, they always are researching for promotions, so if they find a better price for your vacation, they will call Disney to get you that promo.
There are quite a ton of travel agents to choose from, I always recommend people using someone like Tink’s Magical Vacations who has been to all the parks numerous times themselves. So make sure to ask the travel agent about their experiences at the park. Look for an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, because they have a vast amount of knowledge about the parks. They will have a logo on their site like the one below to let you know they are an authorized planner.
Want More Planning Tips? Order the Disney World Planning DVD on the link below.
Pin for later- Over 100 Disney World Tips & Tricks for 2020
If you have any Disney World Questions, feel free to leave them in the comments or
send us a Direct Message on Instagram
*Disclosure- A special thanks to DisneySMMC for inviting us to their amazing conference. We received discounted theme park tickets and room reservations for this wonderful event. We also were given a few extra perks. This post contains affiliate links. All thoughts and opinions are, as always, 100% my own.
You May Also Like These Disney Related Posts