Tulum is an incredible destination for everyone (families included) but on our recent trip my husband and I headed to that magical destination with 2 other couples sans munchkins and we were ready to have FUN! So, I started researching Tulum tours and quickly came across Adventure Tour Center. With 5-stars and hundreds of reviews, I knew they were worth my attention.
Why we had an Incredible Adventure with Tulum Tours!
Adventure Tour Center was located in the heart of Tulum and only a short mile from our chic little hotel. I knew from the emails back and forth with the Tulum tour company’s owner Jeff that service was going to be phenomenal and boy was I right. As soon as you walk in the chic surf shop you are greeted with the happiest of hellos by employees who you can tell LOVE their work. Customer service is HUGE when it comes to tours. One bad tour guide can ruin an incredible experience, trust me, I’ve been there. That is why I was so pleased to find enthusiastic (and experienced) guides, who were eager and excited to get our group out and onto the tour.
Our tour guide for the day was Janis. She is a super fit aerial acrobat (She did some impressive dives and tree balancing tricks for us) zest for life was palpable. She was so energetic and full of information. I loved how she encouraged all of us to go one step further whether that meant ziplining upside down or jumping off the side of the cliff into the crystal clear cenote she was there to give us that extra burst of encouragement we all needed. And, she did it with a smile.
Adventure Tour Center offers several Tulum Tours but for this trip, we chose the Mayan Jungle Experience. The tour offers 3 ziplines running across a freshwater lagoon, canoeing, cenote cliff jumping, a tour through the self-sustaining Mayan town and a lovely authentic Mayan lunch.
- The zip lines – were an absolute blast, they even gave you this giant stick to use to help you brake and it makes you feel like you were on the Flinstones.
- Cenote Cliff Jumping – This was probably my favorite activity as they have two versions, one where you jump in and one where you sail on a zip line and drop into the water. The water is the most refreshing water you will ever feel.
- Canoeing – Canoeing was simply beautiful, the surroundings are gorgeouss and I really could not get enough of the beauty of Tulum
- Mayan Lunch – Ok, maybe this was my favorite, the fresh handmade tortillas were out of this world (I am getting hungry just thinking about it) and they made the perfect tacos. What was also incredible was there were some deer there who apparently come and visit everyday.
This tour is perfect for families, as all of the activities would have been perfect for school-aged kids. The ziplines, canoes, canoes, and cenotes were kept in pristine condition. The guides were very helpful with the beginners in our group. I also loved that for those of us who were more experienced they offered suggestions to keep the thrill level up like ziplining upside down with no hands 😉
There are many Tulum tours to choose from but one thing Adventure Tour Center has over their competition is the location of this specific tour. You are taken to the jungle of Tankah. This privately owned piece of land is located just 10 minutes outside of Tulum. What makes Tankah special is the fact that it is also a self-sustained community of over 42 Mayan families. These Mayan families have lived and worked on the land for years and still do today.
The Mayans keep this property impeccably clean and to protect the privacy of the Mayan families they also control the number of tourists allowed on the property. So, you get this incredibly intimate experience in a setting that looks almost too beautiful to be real.
Like I said before the food was pretty incredible. Actually, in terms of tours, it was some of the best food I have had. Authentic homemade Mayan meal with hand-pounded corn tortillas. House-made salsas, fresh guacamole, Need I say more…
I can’t say enough WONDERFUL things about Jeff and his Tulum tours. In fact, when we arrived back to the dive shop, several of our friends booked a second scuba diving tour for the next day. That speaks volumes!! So, if you find yourself in the gorgeous destination of Tulum make sure to book a tour with our friends at Adventure Tour Center. Don’t forget to tell them Global Munchkins sent ya!
Check out my other articles on Tulum:
Pin it for Later-
*special thanks to Adventure Tour Center for hosting me on our recent visit. All thoughts and opinions, as always, are 100% my own.
- 25 Amazing Spring Break Ideas for Families You’ll Love! - November 24, 2023
- 35 Amazing Things To Do in Anaheim Beyond Disneyland - November 22, 2023
- 41 Awesome Matching Disney Family Shirts [+ Weird Ones!] - November 18, 2023