We’ve traveled to the Disneyland resort way too many times over the past 20 years with 6 children. So, that being said we ended up learning about every Disneyland height requirements needed for all of the California Adventure Rides and Disneyland Rides.
So, we are going to get you the full list of Disneyland height requirements for every ride in the park + some pro tips on what to do when your child is not tall enough.
Complete List of Disneyland & Disney California Adventure Height Requirements
First thing first, make sure to know your child’s height before entering the park or even before you purchase Disneyland tickets. Cast members do not allow anyone under the height limit.
Pro Parenting Tip: If you don’t know your child’s height, find a ride your child isn’t that interested in riding to see how tall they are, that way you prevent some devastation if they aren’t tall enough.
Disneyland Height Requirements By Inches
54 inches (137 cm) or taller
- Autopia (to ride alone) otherwise 32″ – Disneyland Park
48 inches (122 cm) or taller
- Incredicoaster – Disney California Adventure Park
- Silly Symphony Swings (to ride in a single swing) – Disney California Adventure Park
46 inches (117 cm) or taller
- Indiana Jones Adventure – Disneyland Park
42 inches (107 cm) or taller
- Goofy’s Sky School – Disney California Adventure Park
- Grizzly River Run – Disney California Adventure Park
- Matterhorn Bobsleds – Disneyland Park
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail (rock wall and zip line only) – Disney California Adventure Park
40 inches (102 cm) or taller
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – Disneyland Park
- Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: BREAKOUT! – Disney California Adventure Park
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish – Disney California Adventure Park
- Radiator Springs Racers – Disney California Adventure Park
- Silly Symphony Swings (tandem only) – Disney California Adventure Park
- Soarin’ Around the World – Disney California Adventure Park
- Space Mountain – Disneyland Park
- Splash Mountain – Disneyland Park
- Star Tours — The Adventures Continue – Disneyland Park
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – Disneyland Park
38 inches (97 cm) or taller
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – Disneyland Park
35 inches (89 cm) or taller
- Gadget’s Go Coaster – Disneyland Park
32 inches (81 cm) or taller
- Autopia – Disneyland Park (when accompanied by another rider 54 inches or taller)
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters – Disney California Adventure Park
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree – Disney California Adventure Park
Rides at Disneyland with NO HEIGHT RESTRICTIONS
There are a ton of rides and attractions at Disneyland with no height requirement, here is every single one.
- Alice in Wonderland
- Astro Orbitor
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- Casey Jr. Circus Train
- Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes
- Disneyland Monorail
- Disneyland Railroad
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
- Haunted Mansion
- “it’s a small world”
- Jungle Cruise
- King Arthur Carrousel
- Mad Tea Party
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
- Pirate’s of the Caribbean
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin (check out these additional tips for taking a preschooler to Disneyland’s Toontown)
- Snow White’s Scary Adventures
- Storybook Land Canal Boats
Rides at California Adventure with NO HEIGHT REQUIREMENT
- Golden Zephyr
- Spiderman Web Slingers
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel
- The Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Monsters Inc. Mike & Sully to the Rescue!
- Pixar Pal-A-Round
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
What to do when your child is not tall Enough? (Rider Switch)
One of our most popular Disneyland tips is the rider switch option. Disneyland is obviously for families with kids so they have a system so everyone is tall enough can go on rides without waiting in line twice. If you go to theme parks with little ones, you know the tough feeling of when your child is not tall enough for a ride.
Now, this does not mean you try to stuff your kids shoes with napkins to make them tall enough. The rest of the party can still ride the attraction using a rider switch pass.
The way it works is the whole party except for the child not tall enough can still go on the ride without waiting in line twice. The whole party goes up to the beginning of the line and you simply ask for a rider switch pass.
There, one person waits off with the child, while the rest of the party goes on the ride. Once the party is done with the ride, the person with the rider switch pass can bring one guest and they go right to the front of the line with a very small wait. It’s awesome.
Here is a quick video on how Disneyland Rider Switch works:
Pro Tip for Waiting in Lines with little ones.
Waiting in line can get boring even at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. If our kids are 5 and under we always had bubbles on hand to keep them entertained.
We download some fun apps to keep our kids entertained. Our favorite is the Heads up app, it is a ton of fun and they even have a Disney Parks pack which is Free when you download it inside the park.
Pin for Later: Disneyland Height Requirements – Everything you need to know + Pro Tips
If you enjoyed learning about Disneyland Height Requirements, you might also enjoy:
Frequently Asked Questions about Disneyland Height Requirements
What is the minimum age for rides at Disneyland?
The minimum age for rides at Disneyland may vary depending on the specific ride and its height requirements. Disneyland has attractions suitable for guests of all ages, including toddlers, children, teenagers, and adults.
What rides can 3 year olds go on at Disneyland?
There are several rides at Disneyland that are suitable for 3-year-old children. Some of the most popular attractions for young children include “it’s a small world,” “Dumbo the Flying Elephant,” “The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh,” “Peter Pan’s Flight,” “Jungle Cruise,” and “Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.”
These rides do not have height restrictions and are gentle and appropriate for young children.