We have visited Disney World so many times I have actually lost count. I think we are at over 40 visits in the past 15 years. One of our early visits was using David’s DVC Rental. We have stayed at numerous hotels from offsite stays to the deluxe of the deluxe, the Grand Floridian. That being said, Disney World room stays can be very pricey. One of the best ways we have saved money on our Disney World stays is our Disney Vacation Club membership. However, before we had Disney Vacation Club (aka DVC) we had to find other ways to save money on our Disney Vacations. David’s Disney Vacation Rentals is one site that promised savings of up to 50% off Disney Vacation Club Rooms. So, we decided to check out DVC rental, and find out if it was worth it.
David’s Disney Vacation Club Rentals – Overview
David’s Vacation Rental has been around since 2005 and has saved tens of thousands of guests money on their Disney Vacation. David’s DVC Rentals is a way to stay at the deluxe properties throughout Disney World, Disneyland, and Disney’s Aulani Resort in Hawaii. Here is the list of everywhere you can book through their site.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas
- Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas (Hawaii)
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Villas
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Vero Beach
- Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
- Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
How do you save money?
The way you save money is David’s DVC rental coordinates renting points through Disney Vacation Club members who might not be using their Disney Vacation Club Points this year.
Since Disney Vacation Club Members save a tremendous amount on their rooms, you can end up saving close to 50% Off by booking one of these rooms.
How to Book Your Rooms?
Booking a Disney Vacation Club room through David’s Vacation Rental is pretty simple but does take a little time.
I recommend planning your vacation 1 year in advance if you want the resort of your choice. Some properties can be booked closer to the reservation date like Saratoga Springs and Old Key West, but other properties should be planned about 12 months in advance. David’s Vacation Rental has a cost calculator so you can figure out what fits in your budget.
Complete the online reservation form + (Small Refundable Partial Payment)
When you want to book your Disney Vacation Club room, you will need to provide a small deposit currently $133.00. This small deposit goes towards your room and is just there to secure your reservation because these rooms sell out so fast.
Information you will need for David’s DVC rental before starting the reservation process:
- Dates of travel
- Room/Resort Choices
- Details for all of your traveling party
Receive an Email Confirmation or Notification Your Reservation can not be Fulfilled
If your request is fulfilled life is good and you are ready to head on a Disney Vacation. You will have a confirmation sent to you plus you can view your reservation on the My Disney Experience page to be reassured your reservation is actually booked.
Full Payment is due at this stage of the booking process.
If your request cannot be fulfilled:
- You will be given the opportunity to book available rooms/resorts.
- If they are not satisfactory to you, your $133.00 partial payment is refunded.
The process is pretty seamless and the only downside is having to pay the vacation upfront. The positive is you will save 50% on your room, plus no taxes or resort fees! Woohoo! Visit David’s Vacation Club Rentals to Book Now
You’re booked, now what?
The most popular question I receive is will I receive the same perks of staying at an onsite resort. The answer is a resounding yes! When you book with David’s Vacation Rental you will receive all the same perks of a Disney Vacation Club Member booking a room. This Includes:
- Booking Fast Pass + 60 Days in Advance
- Access to My Disney Experience
- Free Magic Bands Mailed to your Home
- Access to Disney Magical Express – Free transportation to/from airport (Contact David’s Vacation Rental to set it up)
- Free Park Transportation from hotel to parks and Disney Springs
- Availability to Purchase the Disney Dining Plan (Contact David’s Vacation Rental to set it up)
- Extra Early Morning or Late Night Hours at the Park exclusively for Disney Resort Guests
Some Extra Fun Incentives you receive because you are technically a guest of a Disney Vacation Member are the following:
- No Resort Fees! WOOHOO!
- Free Parking (Regular Hotel Guest Pay a Fee)
How do I know my reservation is secure?
Now that I am a Disney Vacation Club Owner, I have actually rented out my own points through them twice now. David’s Vacation Rentals has a contract in place to make sure the owner does not cancel the reservation, plus David’s holds 30% of the fee owed to the owner until the reservation is complete. This guarantees the room will not be canceled for the guest booking.
Is it Worth it?
If you want to stay in a deluxe Disney resort then the answer is an absolute yes! You are staying at some of the nicest resorts at Disney World for a fraction of the price. It truly is an incredible deal. The only downside is you do have to pay for your reservation upfront, however, it is so nice to not have a giant bill when you arrive at the resort. If you enjoy staying at the moderate resorts you will still save a little bit of money plus get an upgraded experience. Overall, it’s a pretty amazing value.
Map of Every DVC Rental Location
If you have any questions about booking a DVC rental feel free to leave a message in the comments or DM us on Instagram
You Might Also Enjoy: