Luxury Resorts + Kid-Friendly are not two words you often see together but thanks to millennial parents who value experiences over things & Gen Xer’s continuing to dominate the luxury family travel market top brands are taking notes and making changes with their youngest guests in mind. Recently, I asked 30+ top family travel experts, globetrotting families, and nomadic parents to tell me about their very favorite kid-friendly luxury resorts and here are the results. Get ready to feed your wanderlust.
The BEST Luxury Resorts For Families [say Travel Experts]
Who says grown up’s get to have all the fun? Millenial parents are pushing Luxury Resorts to up their kid-friendly amenities and the brands are responding with open arms embracing pint-sized travelers worldwide. But, with so many options it’s tough for parents to choose which luxury resort to travel to. So, we asked some of the BEST family travel experts to weigh in on their favorite luxury resorts for families and this list is a compilation of their responses. Whether you are looking for luxury resorts here in the U.S. or you are dreaming of escaping to a faraway land with your crew we have the perfect luxe resort for you. The list is categorized by continent and is not organized in any particular order. Enjoy!
The Best Luxury Resorts in Northern America
Grand Wailea- Maui, Hawaii
- I mean what could be better than a pool area that is 2,000-feet-long, 770,000-gallons of water and consists of nine pools on six different levels connected by waterslides? Get to the bottom and the world’s first WATER ELEVATOR will take you back to the top. YUP! It’s pretty great. This luxury resort is one of my personal favorites and it’s one of the munchkins favorites too! Check Prices Here!
Click here to read our full review of the Grand Wailea.
Disney’s Aulani Resort & Spa- Oahu, Hawaii
- This should come as no surprise to anyone, we showcase our LOVE for Disney’s Aulani Resort & Spa all over this blog. It is hard to beat the stunning location of Aulani tucked into the beautiful Ko’Olina area, jam-packed with family-friendly activities, waterslides, splash areas for kids and a separate one for babies & toddlers, a ton of pools, man-made snorkel reef (yay! no sharks!), and your favorite Disney Characters? You can’t, which is why you have to book a trip and see it for yourself. Check Prices Here!
Beach Club Villas- Orlando, Florida
- Disney knocks it out of the park when it comes to luxury resorts for families. They have quite a few resorts in Orlando specifically that come to mind, but there is one in particular that we are suckers for, Disney’s Beach Club. An incredible sand-bottomed pool, the cute boats that transport it’s guests to both Epcot & Hollywood Studios (you can also walk to both parks from this resort), plus the cute little lake and boardwalk behind the resort & the over-accommodating staff wrapped up in an adorable cape cod aesthetic- it’s pretty hard to resist! Check Prices Here!
Read our full review of the Beach Club here, snag our BEST Disney World Tips here and learn how to rent DVC points to save big on your stay here.
Terranea Resort- Palos Verdes, California
- Terranea is classic California elegance at its best… but being near a beach it is also laid back enough for you to feel more than comfortable toting munchkins along. Our kiddos love the waterslides, pools, splash pad and unique kid’s activity offerings like falconry. They also have a fun brunch on the weekends where our little munchkins enjoyed freshly made doughnuts and a waffle bar complete with m&m’s. Mom’s don’t forget to book a session at the spa its AH-MAZING!! Check Prices Here!
Read our full review of Terranea Resort here.
photo: La Costa Resort
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa- Carlsbad, California
- Tucked away in Carlsbad, just minutes from the beach, is the beautiful and expansive Omni La Costa home to the Chopra Center for Wellness for the mamas + two 100-foot waterslides, a toddler slide and splash pad for the kids. This gorgeous resort offers standard hotel rooms and suites or you can upgrade to the spacious villas. Check Prices Here!
Check out more photos and learn more about Omni La Costa Resort here.Travel Experts weigh in on the Top Luxury Resorts for Families. Did your favorite make the list? #luxurytravel #familytravel Click To Tweet
Biltmore Estate- Asheville, North Carolina
- Leigh Powell Hines of HinesSightBlog states, “Biltmore Estate in Asheville, N.C is the state’s largest tourist attraction. It’s majestic. The food is farm-to-table fabulous, and the scenery is breathtaking. It’s certainly a must-see for the first-time Asheville visitor, but it’s also a place where North Carolinians and locals want to frequent often. The estate offers horseback riding, biking, hiking, fly-fishing, Segway tours, fishing, and water activities. It’s an 8,000-acre outdoor playground for all ages. Curators have made mansion tours fun for kids by creating a scavenger hunt and a special audio tour. With four distinct seasons that the estate promotes, it’s easy to visit this Asheville landmark all year. Antler Hill Village is especially fun for families because of the working farm and delicious creamery. The Inn at Biltmore and the Village Hotel offer complimentary shuttle around the estate.” Learn more about the Biltmore Estate from NC based travel writer, Leigh Powell Hines of HinesSightBlog here. Check Prices Here!
Ballantyne Resort, Charlotte North Carolina
- As you arrive at The Ballantyne Hotel in North Carolina you are greeted with the timeless elegance that the resort grounds encompass. A gorgeous fountain, stunning greens, smiling bellhops and a sophisticated lobby are some of the scenes that welcome you. This luxury resort offers its guests unparalleled service, exquisite amenities, well appointed spacious accommodations an award-winning spa, PGA golf course & much more. Picture rich furnishings, marble counters, plush bedding, sweeping views and thoughtful amenities. This is exactly what is in store for you at The Ballantyne Hotel. – Learn More about the Ballantyne – Check Prices Here!
The Cloister at Sea Island- Sea Island, Georgia
Sue Rodman of 365AtlantaFamily says, “A century of generational family vacations builds an affinity for resorts. So it is a beach vacation at the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Cloister at Sea Island along the Georgia coast. As you would expect, the list of activities is impressive – restoring spa, family-focused beach club with multiple pools, nature activities, movie theater, boating, shooting, and award-winning restaurants. But it’s the traditions that keep people coming back. Regulars swear you can’t miss Bingo, where jackets are required, and yelling ‘Clickety-Click, 0-66 is not only acceptable but encouraged. Corn muffins and Gold Brick Sundaes are required eating. Junior staff counselors are so well trained parents secretly try to steal them away as a nanny, and golf pros Davis Love III, Matt Kucher and Zack Johnson are just fellow club members.” Learn more about The Cloister here on 365AtlantaFamily. Check Prices Here!
Grand Hyatt- Kauai, Hawaii
- Sara Wellensiek of MomEndeavors says, “Situated on Kauai’s drier south shore, the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa is an idyllic place for families. Not only is Kauai, Hawaii a fabulous destination in itself, but the breathtaking hotel property really makes it feel like you’re in a luxurious tropical paradise. There are lush gardens, tropical plants, and palm trees at every turn. In addition to beautiful flora, animal lovers will enjoy koi feeding, wildlife walks, and “parrot time” with one of the colorful hotel residents. Everyone in the family will love spending ample time at the variety of pools here – it’s really the star of this property. Not only does the resort sit on 50 oceanfront acres (though swimming here isn’t recommended), there is an incredible system of pools and lagoons. This large water system features lava-rock lined lazy river pools, waterfalls, a 150-foot waterslide (for anyone over 42″), and a massive 2 million gallon saltwater lagoon. It’s perfect for all kinds of family fun in a gorgeous tropical setting.” Head over to MomEndeavors for more family-friendly Kauai hotel ideas! Check Prices Here!
Four Seasons Hualalai- Hawaii
- Sarah Hirsch of WellTraveledKids recommends Four Seasons Hualalai, “My absolute favorite luxury resort for families is Four Seasons Hualalai on the Island of Hawaii. We fell in love with this gorgeous property immediately and can’t wait to return. Vacations at Four Seasons Hualalai are fun for all ages. Families spend days playing together in the pools, building sandcastles while watching the sea turtles sunbathe on the beach, and snorkeling with over 4000 tropical fish at Kings Pond. Kids will love making friends at Kids For All Seasons kids club while experiencing authentic Hawaiian activities like learning to canoe on the ocean and feed their resident spotted eagle ray. While the kids are busy parents will enjoy amazing spa treatments, relax by the adults only pool, learn ukulele at resort’s Hawaiian culture center, go shopping in the fabulous shops, play tennis or hit the golf course. Every evening families will love dining together in the resort’s outstanding oceanfront restaurants.” Find out more about the Four Seasons Hualalai here on WellTraveledKids. Check Prices Here!
The Boar’s Head Inn- Virginia
- Karen Presley Dawkins of FamilyTravelsOnABudget states, “The Boar’s Head Inn, a 3,000-acre resort in the foothills of Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains, is our family’s favorite. The resort takes full advantage of its setting, with nature trails for hiking and biking, a small lake for fishing and an Audubon-certified golf course. In the summer, take a hot air balloon ride! The award-winning racquet and fitness club and three pools provide more options to stay and play. Four restaurants provide a variety of dining options — dinner at the Old Mill Room is a must! For busy parents, the full-service spa offers the ultimate in relaxation. What makes Boar’s Head Inn so special, though, is not the amenities but the staff. They offer warm hospitality, an appreciation for the history of this beautiful resort and expert knowledge to make every experience here special. Go. Play. Relax. They’ll take care of the rest!” Learn more about this wonderful luxury resort here onFamily Travels on a Budget. Check Prices Here!
Four Seasons Scottsdale- Arizona
- Colleen Lanin founder of TravelMamas recommends Four Seasons Scottsdale. She says, “Tucked away in the Sonoran Desert next to the Pinnacle Peak granite summit, Four Seasons Scottsdale is where to go to escape it all. The exquisite landscaping at this resort will make you fall in love with the desert’s beauty. This hotel features three pools– one for tots, one for all ages, and one just for grown-ups. Plus, there is a whirlpool for soaking. Staff just may stop by these watery oases with complimentary homemade chocolate-dipped granola bar bites, frozen grapes, or strawberry smoothies. Up the luxe factor with a Deluxe Cabana, complete with a kid-friendly stocked bar, 40-inch flat screen TV, and selection of board games and reading materials. On summer weekends, the resort plays family-friendly movies poolside so you can float while you watch. Kids for All Seasons will entertain children ages 5 to 12 while parents relax at the on-site spa, play a tennis match, or hit the links at the nearby Troon North Golf Club. There really is something for all ages at Four Seasons Scottsdale.” Learn more about the Four Seasons Scottsdale here on TravelMamas. Thinking of booking a trip here yourself? You can check prices for your dates here!
Montage Deer Valley- Utah
- Allison Dover Laypath of TipsForFamilyTrips states, “There are lots of fun things to do in Park City, Utah, but my family found so many activities during our weekend at Montage Deer Valley, we never left the resort. Montage Deer Valley is a ski-in, ski-out luxury resort that offers an impressive array of family activities. Kids are invited to choose a stuffed animal at check-in that represents the native species that live in the mountains surrounding the resort. During your visit, ask the concierge about the complimentary Montage Merits program where kids earn pins for participating in the resort and local activities like skiing, snow tubing, hiking, mountain biking, archery, and bowling. The resort has its own bowling alley, video game arcade, indoor and outdoor pools, spa, restaurants, equipment rental and family marshmallow roasts. Montage Deer Valley is also an excellent choice for a romantic trip without the kids.” Learn more about this incredible luxury resort here on TipsForFamilyTrips. Check Prices Here!
The Broadmoor- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Diana Rowe of TravelingInHeels mentions The Broadmoor as one of her favorites. Here are her words, “Surrounded by the mountains and framed by Cheyenne Lake, the historic Broadmoor is the longest standing Five-Star Diamond hotel in the U.S. Located just 90 miles south of Denver, this luxury Mediterranean style resort sits on 3,000 beautifully sculpted acre. My big-eyed grandkids were fascinated by its historic towers – which to preschoolers might resemble a castle. Yet it was the uniformed staff who held the door for them and spoke to them like “little adults” that spoiled my family for life. And don’t get me started on the super luxe accommodations. Mix in the amazing family-friendly things to do on-property including biking, hiking, horseback riding, zip lining, fishing, dine at the Golden Bee (world famous English Pub), challenge the family to a bowling game at Play, and even tennis lessons. Then if you’re bored (which you won’t be!), explore the Pikes Peak region, with visits to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, the highest altitude zoo in the U.S., or all-aboard the Pikes Peak Cog train, the highest rain in the U.S. And that’s why The Broadmoor is one of the top luxury resorts for families.” Learn more about family-friendly resorts in Colorado Springs here on TravelingInHeels. Check Prices Here!
The Sanderling Resort- North Carolina
Eileen Gunn of FamiliesGoTravel recommends The Sanderling Resort. “My entire family liked the Sanderling Resort in North Carolina’s Outer Banks from the second we walked in the door. It’s one of those resorts that is upscale in a friendly way. You feel taken care of and truly relax within its white-trimmed clapboard walls. My daughter loved the s’mores kit they leave in your room for the evening firepit. And we enjoyed the local storyteller who came by to tell ghost stories by the fire one night. I loved the guys who efficiently pitch an umbrella for you when you hit the beach. We all loved our roomy room with its huge bathroom with plenty of pegs for wet bathing suits and comfortable balcony for morning coffee and afternoon drinks. We rarely bother with hotel restaurants but ate at the Sanderling’s Life-Saving Station twice. The food had local ingredients and a modern Southern accent that the adults appreciated. And my daughter got string beans with her kids’ menu dinner (which she ate). But we also loved that they were fine with us bringing a pizza in one night and eating in the upstairs lounge while playing cards (other families were doing the same thing). We left feeling like we’d really been on vacation and vowing to come back as soon as possible.” Find out more about The Sanderling here on FamiliesGoTravel. Check Prices Here!
Migis Lodge- Maine
- Jodi Grundig of Family Travel Magazine states, “Families looking for old-fashioned family fun will love a stay at Migis Lodge. Located on Sebago Lake, about 40 miles from Portland, Maine, Migis offers an all-inclusive, rustic, yet luxury family vacation experience. Meals and activities (with the exception of motorized water sports) are included with a stay. You’ll enjoy a rustic cabin or lodge room, as well as delicious food, including a clambake and daily cookout. My family stayed in early July several years ago and was so impressed with the fun family activities, as well as the focus on service. It’s only open in the summer and early fall, and many families stay there year after year. There are many kid-friendly activities, including a kids’ club and lake activities. With only 35 cabins (in addition to the lodge rooms), you’ll get to know some of the other families staying there.” Learn more on Family Travel Magazine’s Migis Lodge review. Check Prices Here!
Hawks Cay Resort- Florida
- Bryanna Royal of CrazyFamilyAdventure says, “Hawks Cay is the perfect luxury resort for families. They have villas so you can opt for a full kitchen and multiple bedroom setups and close to the villas is the awesome Coral Cay kids area. Inside this area, there is a pool for swimming, a splash pad with a pirate ship for playing, mini golf, volleyball, basketball and a full soccer field! You could spend all day here playing and lounging while the kids run wild! At the main resort area, you will find more pools (and one adult only pool) along with a fire pit, a bar, and delicious restaurants. One of our favorite things was the lagoon area where you could rent paddle boards and kayaks and it was perfect for kids since it was closed in and calm so the kids could paddle board and kayak on their own. Right next to the lagoon is the Hawks Cay dolphin area where you can either spend time watching the dolphins play in the water or set up a time to swim with them! They also offer a sunset cruise right from the hotel that takes you out to the ocean for a couple of hours. If you want luxury and fun Hawks Cay Resort in the Florida Keys is your answer!” Learn more about Hawks Cay Resort on CrazyFamilyAdventure here. Check Prices Here!
Boca Club Astoria Boca Raton Fl- Boca Raton, Florida
- Victoria Burdman of CelebrateTheWeekend shares her love for Boca Club Astoria Boca Raton Fl. “When we travel to Florida, we try to take advantage of its many offerings and typically don’t stay in one place for too long. We often include a stay at Boca Raton Resort & Club in Boca Raton (a Hilton family hotel, so our points work!) for a couple of luxurious days on the beach. This hotel actually consists of two properties: historic grand Boca Raton Resort and more casual beach-front Boca Beach Club. We prefer the Beach Club for an obvious reason – it is right on the beach! (but if the ocean water is too chilly for you, you can opt for the heated outdoor pools). With tennis courts, numerous swimming pools, golf course, health club, kids club, and even its own marina – activities for families are endless; but my favorite thing about this resort is Spa Palazzo where I always spend a couple of “me” hours enjoying a Mediterranean-themed baths complex.” Check out CelebrateTheWeekend’s itinerary for Boca Raton here. Check Prices Here!
Pink Shell Beach Resort- Florida
- Chelsea Nicole from Someday I’ll Lean blog says, “Fort Myers is well-known as a spring break destination, but the award-winning Pink Shell Beach Resort is tucked away on a quiet end of the beach so families can kick back, relax and listen to the waves lapping outside their balcony. I was impressed by thoughtful details like towel hooks in the entryway of our one-bedroom suite, so mom and dad don’t have to spend their time picking up everyone’s stuff. It’s the little things! Bookings include breakfast, bottled water, drinks, beach umbrella rental, internet and other bonuses. Multiple pools including a zero-entry “Octopool” with waterfalls keep the kids entertained, and amazing shelling opportunities are steps away. Other activities include arts and crafts, adventure tours, gear rentals, fishing experiences and free stargazing, nature walks and yoga. A spa and multiple dining options are on-site, and Times Square is a quick half-mile walk down the shore.” Read more about visiting Fort Myers Beach with kids on Someday I’ll Learn. Check Prices Here!
Hard Rock- Cancun
- If there is one hotel that absolutely exceeded every possible expectation I had when it comes to family luxury resorts it is the Hard Rock Cancun. Exceptional service, delicious food, the fastest/ best tasting room service ever, plus the coolest experiences for kids we have ever seen at a luxury resort including DJ spin class, Barney Live shows, arts & crafts poolside, and kids guitar lessons complete with a Fender guitar loaner for the room!! Read how Hard Rock Cancun rocked our vacation here. Learn more about our favorite activities in Cancun here. Thinking of booking a trip? Check Prices Here!
Grand Velas Riviera Maya- Riviera Maya
- Tamara Gruber of We3Travel shares her thoughts on Grand Velas Riviera Maya. “The Grand Velas Riviera Maya accomplishes the rare feat of combining luxury with a family-friendly all-inclusive. This resort is able to offer something for everyone, from the cheerful kids’ club to the super cool teen club, and pool-side massages for the luxe-loving grandparents. The rooms are very large and kids can’t get enough of the 24×7 room service pizza delivery and snacks replenished daily in the minibar (all included of course!) Luckily for foodies there are plenty of dining options, including some that are adults only. With multiple pools, plenty of activities, and a gorgeous beach, sun worshippers will be happy. But my favorite feature is the award-winning spa — truly the best I have ever experienced, complete with a multi-stage water journey to start your service.” Find out more about Grand Velas at We3Travel here. Find the best rates for your travel dates. Check Prices Here!
Hyatt Ziva- Los Cabos
- Carrick Buss of AlongForTheTrip recommends Hyatt Ziva, “If you’re traveling to Los Cabos, consider staying at the at the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos. It’s an all-inclusive resort in San Jose del Cabo, and the location was just what we were looking for. Don’t let the all-inclusive description fool you – the Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious, family-friendly oasis! The kids loved the heated pools with a swim-up bar where they could get frozen fruit smoothies. Of course, they make margaritas for Mom and Dad also. At nearby Coco Loco, the staff serves up made-to-order fish tacos, chips, and salsa. Dining at night varies from French, Italian, Mexican, and our favorite, the Japanese Teppanyaki grill at DoZo. Activities are plentiful, and during a rainy afternoon, hotel staff played XBox with our son in the sports bar while the girls were at the spa. All this and fantastic ocean views make the Ziva Los Cabos a family-friendly winner!” Find more family vacation ideas here on AlongForTheTrip. Check Prices Here!
Hacienda Encantada- Cabo San Lucas
- Desiree Miller of StreeFreeBaby says, “If your family wants a true getaway that offers something fun for each member to enjoy, from whale watching in the Sea of Cortez to tequila tasting by the pool, the Hacienda Encantada in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, should be memory-making central. The resort offers luxury suites for families, or you can rent an entire house—complete with its own private pool! You can see Land’s End from the resort, along with the infamous Arch. Even the smallest rooms have complete kitchenettes, not that you’ll need them if you buy into the all-inclusive meal plan that even allows you to dine in restaurants along the Golden Zone. But even if you never leave resort property, there are lots of activities to keep everyone occupied—and happy. You can even sit in on Spanish lessons by the pool if you want to pick up a couple new words or learn how to cook some of their delicious ceviches.” Learn more about Hacienda Encantada here at Stress-Free Baby. Check Prices Here!
Check out this video about Hacienda Encantada from Stress-Free Baby-
Azul Resort- Cancun
- Kimberley Clayton Blaine of TheGoToMom shares, “The Karisma Hotels and Resorts are made for families. It’s very high end and all meals and unlimited cocktails/drinks are included, for which they call Gourmet Inclusive. Visit Karisma’s site and to see ALL their hotels click on tab “hotels” for “everyone.” However, the family properties we liked most were “Azul Resort” and “Azul Sensitori” because we have kids under 11 – This place is just magical… The food is fresh as they have their own organic garden. My kids ate homemade yogurt each morning and I had fresh wheatgrass juice each day. It was such a nice experience. But be sure you bring water shoes, you never know if the rocks will float up to the swimming part of the resorts. If you have little preschoolers, book an adorable Fisher-Price Family Suite. Hands down, for kids ages 6-11 we voted that the best rooms to book are the SWIM UP SUITES – where your kids can open the patio door and jump right down in the pool! These rooms get booked very quickly. You literally have to reserve them one year in advance.” Find out more about this luxury resort here on TheGoToMom. Check Prices Here!
Fairmont Chateau Whistler- British Columbia, Canada
- Keryn Means of WalkingOnTravels says, “When our family truly wants to relax, we know we can head to the Fairmont Chateau Whistler. The natural beauty of British Columbia envelopes us, relaxing our harried spirits after months of go, go, go with the kid’s school schedule, work and family obligations. While every Fairmont is a treat, there is something about the Fairmont Chateau Whistler staff that is extra special. Splurge on a Gold Level room to get access to the Gold Club, where a full breakfast, happy hour hors-d’oeuvres and snacks throughout the day will keep everyone in the family happy. The indoor/outdoor pool is perfect for kids looking to splash around throughout the year, and the location right off of Blackcomb slope is great for hiking in the summer and skiing in the winter. Whistler Village is a short drive, walk or shuttle ride away, but there are plenty of restaurants close to the hotel to enjoy and don’t miss the brunch at the Fairmont. The French toast is worth every calorie-filled bite.” You can learn more about this gorgeous resort here on WalkingOnTravels. If you are thinking of traveling to the Fairmont Chateau you can check prices here!
Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu- Québec
- Lisa Goodmurphy recommends Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu, “Families in search of a luxury resort hotel will love the historic Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu which overlooks the St. Lawrence River in La Malbaie, Québec about an hour’s drive north of Québec City. The Manoir Richelieu features spectacular views, spacious accommodations, three restaurants on-site ranging from casual buffet to fine dining, and free WIFI for Fairmont President’s Club members. Parents will appreciate all the luxurious touches that the Fairmont brand is known for and everyone in the family will enjoy the year-round activities offered by the resort. Summer activities include mini-golf, tennis, hiking, swimming in indoor or outdoor pools, and carriage rides around the property while in the winter guests can enjoy activities such as dogsledding, ice skating, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. The Manoir Richelieu makes a great home base as well for exploring the Charlevoix Region which includes some of the world’s most beautiful whale watching sites. The hotel also has a canine ambassador named Roux so don’t be surprised if the kids never want to leave!” Learn more about this amazing luxury resort here on Gone With The Family. Check Prices Here!
Post Hotel in Lake Louise- Banff, Canada
Darcie Maranich of SuchTheSpot says, “With its quiet rustic charm and gourmet dining options, The Post Hotel in Lake Louise feels very much like an undiscovered gem. Situated along the banks of the Bow River, this Relais & Châteaux property includes just one hundred guest rooms and suites. The intimate setting lends to guests feeling more like family than patrons. While fine dining just steps away in the dining room, families can also opt for hearty, casual fare in the Outpost Pub or enjoy an authentic Swiss fondue experience in the Post’s specialty restaurant, Fondue Stϋbli. A cozy library stocked with books and games, the indoor pool and complimentary bicycles keep kids happy while the Temple Spa will leave the grownups in a state of pure bliss. Also not to be missed is complimentary afternoon tea service in the lobby or on the picturesque patio.” Learn more about this gorgeous Canadian Luxury Resort here at SuchTheSpot. Check Prices Here!
Big White Ski Resort – Kelowna B.C.
Kimberley Clayton Blaine of TheGoToMom says, “Big White is the ultimate kids’ playground, a fun and safe environment featuring wide open runs, perfect for learning new skills that can get your children up and around the resort. Accommodations are just gorgeous… and the ski school is a FIVE-star service! We let them pick up the kids for their ski school each day! How about that door to door service! The instructors came to our hotel and dropped them off at the end of the day. The kids spent their lesson with their instructor and group learning, playing and exploring. In addition to skiing, we enjoyed the thrill of the “Ice Tower” which is constructed out of 4 telephone poles — Your kids won’t stop talking about this giant Ice cube! Big White is an awesome place for unreal skiing… and for having drinks and socializing with other ski enthusiasts after a long day on the slopes! This mountain has become a family favorite destination spot and we hope you consider joining us next year!” Learn more about Big White Ski Resort here on TheGoToMom. Check Prices Here!
The Phoenix Belize Family Resort- Belize
- Micki Kosman of TheBarefootNomad states, “Our family of four was lucky enough to stay at The Phoenix Resort on Ambergris Caye in Belize for five days. By the end of those five days, we never wanted to leave. What made it so great? Sure, the stunning ocean view and heated pools played a large part, but really it came down to feeling at home. Each room at The Phoenix Resort Belize is condominium size, with one, two or three bedroom suites. Each comes with a complete kitchen and is stocked with a welcome basket of drinks and treats. The Phoenix Belize includes plenty of extras, including free WiFi and even a complimentary in-room iPad and wireless Bose speakers. For time away from the kids, there’s a hotel bar with free drinks during happy hour every day from 5 to 6. We spent plenty of family time in the saline lap pool and the heated multi-level main pool as well as hung out at the well-stocked poolside bar. There are loungers positioned all around the pool, as well as tables and chairs where you can sit back and enjoy a tasty bite. Their nachos were amazing.” Learn more about this gorgeous luxury resort here on TheBarefootNomad. Check Prices Here!
Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel- Peru
- Tara Cannon from PintSizePilot recommends Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel, ” Tucked into the valley below Machu Picchu, lies a very special boutique hotel property. The luxurious adobe casitas of Inkaterra’s Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel are nestled within 12 acres of lush gardens — full of waterfalls, butterflies, exotic birds, rare orchids and more. This property is a perfect retreat for families visiting the majestic citadel of Machu Picchu. A stay can include kid-friendly excursions such as a fun and informative treasure hunt, an opportunity to visit the on-property tea plantation (and make your own tea ), and a visit to their Andean bear conservation project. If this isn’t enough, they even offer kid-friendly treatments with local botanicals at their serene UNA spa. For many families, a Peru family vacation involves a rather hectic itinerary and this hotel is a perfect place to relax for a few days. Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel is a Relais & Chateux property and is recognized as one of National Geographic’s Unique Lodges of the World.” Learn more about this gorgeous resort here on PintSizePilot. Check Prices Here!
Mashpi Lodge- Ecuador
- Liling Pang shares her thoughts on why families will love Mashpi Lodge, “The setting of Mashpi Lodge is a like a dream. Located deep in the Ecuadorian cloud forest on a 3,000-acre private reserve, you might expect to spend the night in a canvas tent. Instead, you find Mashpi Lodge, an ultra-modern 24-room property shrouded in the mist and mystery of the Choco-Andean cloud forest. Dripping wet vegetation and wildlife caress the lodge’s floor-to-ceiling picture windows. Nature expeditions are tailored to each guest’s physical fitness and interests, including those of kids. The dragonfly, sky bike, and observation tower offer the chance to experience the forest like a bird. Guided nature hikes, the life center, and the hummingbird garden get you face to face with the forest’s inhabitants. Mealtime is just as much of an adventure at Mashpi Lodge. Chef Oswaldo Araujo celebrates the unique ingredients of the forests and traditional Ecuadorian cuisine by applying modern gastronomic techniques with the most exquisite results.” For more of Liling’s family’s experience at Mashpi Lodge here. Or you can Check Prices Here!
Galapagos Safari Camp- Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
- Victoria Westmacott of FarFlungLands says, “One of the first decisions families have to make when booking a Galapagos vacation is whether to take a cruise or to sleep on dry land. If traveling with young, active kids a land-based tour is, in my books, a far more relaxing option for parents. There are a few luxury hotels to choose from but Galapagos Safari Camp is hands-down the most kid-friendly. For one thing, it is the only hotel on the archipelago that has a kids’ club. Modeled on the classic African safari camp, families can either opt for luxury tents (that fit up to 2 extra beds) or the spacious 3-bedroom Family Suite. What I loved most about this hotel was how attentive the staff were to our needs. They truly go that extra mile to create special moments for all their guests, big & small. In our case, they threw a surprise birthday party for my 9-year-old, complete with balloons, streamers, turtle-shaped pancakes and a delicious cake!” Find more about the Galapagos Safari Camp here on FarFlungLands. Or Check Prices Here!
Beaches Turks & Caicos
- Corinne McDermott of HaveBabyWillTravel says, “All-Inclusive resorts can be hit or miss when it comes to pleasing everyone–but everyone from infant to senior, from foodie to adventurer–will have a great vacation at Beaches Turks and Caicos. Beaches Resorts are known for their wonderful service and amenities that cater to families, and their Turks & Caicos location is truly the jewel in their crown. After sustaining damage during the intense hurricane season of 2017, they have reopened with a number of new restaurants and facilities, including an Indian restaurant and new food trucks at the resort’s waterpark. The baby and child care at Beaches Turks & Caicos is included, and wonderful. Activities like baking with Cookie Monster and science with Super Grover (thanks to their relationship with Sesame Street) will create unforgettable memories for you, too. And, because you know your kids are having fun and are well-looked after, you can truly relax at the beach with a fruity drink or indulge in a treatment at the world-class Red Lane Spa before regrouping for a great family meal at one of the resort’s 21 restaurants.” Learn more about Beaches Turks & Caicos here HaveBabyWillTravel. You can also check prices for your dates Here!
Martinhal Cascais- Portugal
- Kirsten Maxwell of KidsAreATrip says families will love Martinhal Cascais. Here are her reasons why, “Martinhal Cascais is an easy 45-minute ride from the Lisbon airport and 10 minutes from the charming village of Cascais. The resort prides itself on being child-friendly, and it goes above and beyond the definition. This luxurious property offers everything from uber spacious deluxe rooms to deluxe villas and families won’t be disappointed by any of the choices. The resort offers a complimentary kids club where parents can leave children while they have dinner or a drink, or even take a day trip to the city. Our kids loved the massive outdoor play space which featured a zip-line, in-ground trampoline, basketball court, and multiple play structures. Multiple swimming pools and bikes to rent round out the family-friendly amenities. Martinhal has on-site restaurants with custom children’s menus and even a baby concierge. I can’t remember finding a property so perfectly suited for families in all my years of travel. Martinhal is a gem in Portugal and should be used as a model for others that aim to be family-friendly.’ Learn more about Martinhal Cascais and more here on KidsAreATrip. Thinking about heading to Portugal Check Prices Here!
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa- Thailand
- Lesley Carter of Bucketlist Publications says, “The JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa is set in a tropical paradise with indescribable beauty, impeccable service, and endless amenities geared toward families. The resort offers complimentary water sports like kayaking, paddleboarding, and windsurfing, a Kid’s Pavilion with complementary activities daily like Thai language classes, fitness classes, tennis lessons, and Thai dancing. There are additional activities for a small fee like shoe painting, canvas clock art, and Batik painting. The massive kid’s pool has three different depths for swimming and a water slide. JW Marriott staff bring towels and water to your seat and there are special treats during the day like homemade popsicles. Additionally, every Saturday evening, there is a fire lighting ceremony at the lobby with fire dancers and drummers. Even the spa is child-friendly with options for the whole family. JW Marriott’s activities schedule reads like a phone book and the choices are unique and fun for the whole family.” You can learn more about this amazing resort here on Bucketlist Publications. Check Prices Here!
Intercontinental Bali Resort- Bali
- Erin Holmes of ExploreWithErin shares her love for the Intercontinental Bali Resort, “Talk about family orientated. The InterContinental Bali Resort is located beachside on the shores of Jimbaran Bay. It’s always divine when a hotel combines luxury and family. You can choose from club rooms with 2 queen size beds, which is perfect for a family of 4. They also offer 2 bedroom suites for families if you need even more space.The kids club was not only well organized but well equipped. There was always a full schedule on display including dance lessons, fishing trips, crafts, and playtime. And outside the main room, a kid-friendly wading pool was available, as well as a playground with trampoline, swing set, and basketball court. If it’s family time in the pool you are looking for the Balinese Bath Pool was well-suited for younger kids. My kids had such a ball in the main pool, I couldn’t coax them out to try this one. Finally, food. The breakfast buffet is incredible and contains it’s own small, themed section for kids to help themselves. Bonus is it sits but the pool so even when they are done you can continue to keep a watchful eye on them from the sidelines while they splash around. If you’re looking for a luxurious all-inclusive holiday experience that delivers front-row seats for Bali’s spectacular sunsets, then this resort ticks all the boxes. And it will tick the kid’s boxes too. Learn more about the Intercontinental Bali Resort here on ExploreWithErin. Thinking of heading to Bali? Check Prices for this Resort Here!
Al Bustan Palace- Oman
- Nichola West of GlobalMouseTravels says, “Al Bustan Palace is an amazing resort for families. Based on the outskirts of Muscat in Oman it just oozes style and yet is so welcoming to kids of all ages. With gifts for the kids when they get to the room and amazingly huge buffet breakfasts, so children can choose exactly what they want to eat, Al Bustan Palace is a wonderful place for kids. We loved the food here, wonderful spreads with everything from fresh coconuts to pancakes.
There are a huge number of pools around so it’s always easy to find a quiet corner to splash about in. The hotel runs down on to the beach with lines of palm trees giving it a lovely, exotic feel.For me, the best thing about Al Bustan is the welcome we got. Everyone was genuinely kind and happy to ensure we had everything we needed. Entering the hotel and the beautiful scent of frankincense and platefuls of dates, this is somewhere you won’t want to leave.” Check Prices Here! Learn more about Al Bustan Palace on GlobalMouseTravels here.
The Chedi Muscat- Oman
- Shobha George states, “We loved The Chedi Muscat in Oman which is a sleek, contemporary take on Middle Eastern luxury. Lots of silk, handicrafts, wood etc but everything isn’t burnished with gold like so many other high-end Middle Eastern properties. The Chedi is located on the outskirts of Muscat (the capital city of Oman) and the concierge is very helpful in organizing drivers to take you sightseeing.We ate at the hotel restaurants quite frequently and the food was excellent. The pools are located beach front so you can walk to the beach easily as well. There is an adults only pool. The family pool is one of the nicest family pools we have ever seen with canopied daybed loungers and a cafe at one end. We would recommend this hotel for families with older children and teenagers who are happy to occupy themselves. There is no kids’ club or play area for younger children.” Check out more about this luxury resort here on JustGoPlacesBlog. Check Prices Here!
Four Seasons Resort at Jumeirah Beach- Dubai
Monique Y. White of AnUnstoppableJourney says, “Dubai- Dubai, the largest city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), sits on the Persian Gulf, and with everything from awesome architecture, soaring skylines, exotic culture, beaches, and shopping, it is a great option for a family vacation.
My daughters and I spent time at the ultra-luxurious Four Seasons Resort at Jumeirah Beach. With the sea on one side and the vibrant city of Dubai on the other, it is truly the best of all worlds. Whether you choose to lounge at the resort’s private beach or outdoor swimming pools, or get pampered at its lavish spa or visit Burj Khalifa (the world’s tallest building) and the Dubai Mall (the world’s largest shopping mall), which are a 15-minute car ride away, the Four Seasons Resort at Jumeirah Beach is the perfect choice for a family-friendly vacation in Dubai.” Check Prices Here! Learn more about the Four Seasons here on AnUnstoppableJourney.
MalaMala Game Reserve- South Africa
Nicole Chiodo DeBickes of FamilyWithLatitude states “MalaMala Game Reserve in South Africa is a fantastic place to visit as a family. MalaMala Game reserve is the largest and oldest private game reserve in South Africa. This means that you can have an up-close authentic wildlife experience. For families staying at MalaMala, you have your own family room, complete with 2 separate sleeping spaces, 2 bathrooms, and a private balcony overlooking the river.
Each morning you rise early for a light breakfast and then head out to your private vehicle with your tracker to find the most amazing wildlife. After a hearty breakfast and lunch back at the camp with time to take a dip in the pool, you get to go on another game drive in the afternoon/evening. During your evening drive, you will stop to have snacks and drinks and watch the sunset. After you get back, it is dinner time. Don’t worry, they will prepare special food for your kids if they don’t like what is on the menu that night. MalaMala is the ultimate in Safaris. What kid can forget being 10 feet away from a lion in the wild!” Learn more about MalaMala and more here on FamilyWithLatitude. Plan a trip to MalaMala with your crew. Check Prices Here!
Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort- Fiji
- Claudia Laroye of TheTravellingMom shares her love for the Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort in Fiji. She says, “As luxury family getaways go, the Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort on Fiji’s second largest island of Vanua Levu is a five-star getaway operating on another level entirely. A nanny for every wee one, an award-winning Bula kids activity club, luxury bure accommodations, and all-inclusive gourmet food are just a few reasons why. Founded by the son of French diver and explorer Jacques Cousteau, the Resort prides itself on its Bula spirit, family-friendliness, and the conservation of tropical life on land and sea.It’s setting on the calm waters of Savusavu Bay is as perfect for a relaxing getaway as it is for an active family holiday of marine sports such as swimming, kayaking, snorkeling, and of course, scuba diving. The resort is equally well known for its exceptional kid’s programs and Bula Club. Each child aged 6 and under is assigned their own personal nanny, while kids 6-12 years get a Fiji buddy in a group of up to 5 kids. All kids 12 and under have access to the Bula Club, including three pools, water slide, nursery bure, jungle gym, trampoline, and an amazing treehouse on the grounds.” Check Prices Here! Learn more about this Fijian Family Paradise here on TheTravellingMom.
Did your favorite kid-friendly luxury resort make it on the list? If not, tell us about it in the comments below.
Looking for more family vacation ideas? You may like this post from Stuffed Suitcase on the Top 10 Best Places to trvel in the U.S. with kids.
Pin it for Later-